Is it possible to leak fluid?

Perplexed

Mommy of 2
Reaction score
A few days ago I went to use the toilet and when I was done I noticed a puddle on the floor under my feet and the back of my pants were also wet. Almost like fluid leaked out while I was in the process of sitting on the toilet. I actually had to change pants. The wet part of the pants didn't smell like pee or anything. I put on a pad and laid down for 40 minutes and the pad was dry so I thought nothing of it and figured maybe the puddle was already there and I didnt notice. I didn't actually feel anything.

Earlier this morning I was still wearing my pj shorts which were wide and I felt a small bit of fluid trickle down one thigh. Dh was in a hurry so I kind of didn't get a chance to think. Now that I did think I'm kind of worried. Is it possible to leak amniotic fluid like this?

I'm kind of worried about contacting anyone as during my last pregnancy I had a big gush of fluid at around 31 wks+ that I got checked and turned out to be nothing. It wet my pj shorts and the carpet and was odorless. And my dd was born at 41 wks so obviously nothing bad happened. I don't want to come off paranoid :S

Get it checked Hun better safe than sorry no two pregnancys are the same it may be a slow leak et us know how you get on. Xxx

Thanks...I've put a pad on and since it was still dry hours later I decided to hold out for now.

Yes, it doesn't hurt to get checked. It is possible to leak, and can lead to infections etc. It's also dangerous to the baby if there isn't enough amniotic fluid. If I were you, I would go get it checked out.

I would get checked to be safe. I had a scare last week that they thought they might take her early because of low amniotic fluid. Luckily we were able to raise it by just giving me fluids, but it was still scary. Wouldn't want your lo to nit have enough fluid in there and something bad happen.

Oh yes its possible. Mine was even less noticeable never did I even get my panties wet and I had leaked it all out and was in labor last week. I'm sitting next to my newborn now.

I got checked a few times for thus and they never made me feel like I was wasting their time. A bit tmi but as I was approaching my due date is get liquidy discharge running down my legs, eurgh! X

Yea definitely get it checked, don't ignore it. I had "low fluid" last week and they almost sent me to the hospital. My OB also made me strip today and checked my cervix and stuff to make sure I wasn't leaking.

They told me today that at some point before labor the baby will stop regenerating amniotic fluid and they need to have enough in there to last them until it breaks. If you are leaking and it gets too low then it can be bad for little baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->