Is it possible..

teddyed12

Reaction score
Hi there
Don't know if anyone can help me or been in the same situation..
I was taking the pill (combined) and have only been taken it a month or two. Anyway I took my first one of the month on Wednesday then took it on Thursday and Friday. I then forgot to take it over the weekend, and had unprotected sex on Sunday night. Would it be possible I could get pregnant? Today I've had some cramping and a few hours ago had a small amount of blood when I went to the toilet. From research I've done that bleeding isn't actually a period? So does that mean regardless of if I bleed I could still be pregnant from this occasion?
Tia!!! Xx

Assuming that you started the pill based on the first day of your period when you started taking it to begin with, then it's very unlikely that missing doses 4 and 5 will get you pregnant. The pill works by preventing ovulation, which would occur ~14 days before the start of your next period, so unless your body is not adjusted to the 28-day cycle that the pill enforces, you weren't going to ovulate those days anyway. Just keep taking your pills every day at the same time and you should be fine.

The bleed you experience between pill packs is "not a true period" because it isn't triggered by progesterone, which isnt produced when you don't ovulate. The bleed is actually a withdrawal reaction from suddenly not having the extra hormones the pill provides. It's normal for this to be lighter than your natural period, or dissappear completely.

If you experience a period-like bleed when you are expecting your period, then you are almost certainly not pregnant. If you were pregnant, your body would have lots of progesterone and hcg hormones running around preventing a bleed in order to protect the fetus.

I agree extremely unlikely. I used to get cramps if I forgot as your body goes straight to withdrawal mode sometimes I even had a period and even when I carried on taking the pill it did nothing to stop it so you might just get af early

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->