Is it possible...

fairy_gem

Reaction score
....to lose 3 stone 6lbs (48lbs) by the end of the year?

I have PCOS, cannot get Metformin.

I have tried WW, SW, RC, low GI, Cambridge and i just find them so hard to stick to and i hate myself for this. I got so hungry or i struggle with what to eat as due to my IBS I can't eat fruit except bananas and grapes and certain fibre foods like Ryvita's as it plays it up. Also, i get SO hungry even with snacks.

I have tried healthy eating but theres not enough structure for me.

Exercise is an issue too - I have chronic fatigue as a symptom of the PCOS so i really struggle with energy levels.

Please help, i really don't know what to do :cry:

Thank you x

Have you spoken to your GP about your attempt to lose weight? Your GP may be able to suggest a specific diet plan or set you up with a nutritionalist. Having PCOS makes it especially difficult to lose weight (which is unfair, since the first thing doctor's want you to do when you have PCOS is lose weight :dohh:).

I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help. I hope everything works out for you! :hugs:

I dont think my post will really help.

I say best way loose weight is to change your lifestyle eating habits & exercise i can see what youve wrote i dont really know much about PCOS.

What do you mean when you say there isnt enough structure in healthy eating? HAve you tried joining something like 'My Fitness Pal' im sure ive seen some posts on there forum about PCOS.

Yes loosing 48lbs before end of the year out is possible for some but not for others.

Thank you.

Ladyofrohan - My GP hasn't been any help. I can't be referred to a nutritionist/dietican as apparently they don't see people who need to lose weight, they just see people with medical conditions :wacko:.

mummytoamber - Well with healthy eating i feel there is too much freedom for me, i get so hungry and over eat even healthy things, if that makes sense. I have not heard of My Fitness Pal, i will check it out thank you.

x

Thank you.

Ladyofrohan - My GP hasn't been any help. I can't be referred to a nutritionist/dietican as apparently they don't see people who need to lose weight, they just see people with medical conditions :wacko:.

x

That's strange...I would consider PCOS to be a medical condition, and therefore worthy of being referred to a nutritionalist. Especially if you have glucose resistant PCOS. :shrug:

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. The only other suggestion I have (besides just trying different diets to see which one best fits your lifestyle) is to get a second opinion from a GP concerning the nutritionalist.

:hugs:

Thanks hun, yeah you would think having PCOS would count. I will get a second opinion.

x

hello. i can really relate to your post. my OH and I are trying to conceive our first & I have PCOS. I can't be put on metformin because my bloodsugar levels were normal-- so they said that metformin wouldn't be much help to me. I've tried WW, Atkins, & The Zone & none of those diets worked for me. So far I've lost about 16lbs (not a lot... but still) because I've cut back & eat things that are healthy. If you click on my journal in my siggy you can see what I eat. Another journal I found that was really helpful is Cooney's. Her's really gave me a kick in the booty :) Because I had cronic leg problems I have to do all low impact exercise. It certainly makes it more difficult... but we can do this. I think that when you are ready for a change, you will be able to cut back. The first week or two is the hardest. Do things slowly! First, just increase the amount of water you drink a day. Drink at least 64oz a day. Then you can do something, like start eating more veggies. You know what I mean? You don't have to make an over night transformation. In fact, I would suggest you do ease into it. I really wish you the best of luck in your journey.
I've found that one thing that gets me through my cravings to overeat or to eat horrible foods... I think about the fact that I am so overweight that it is effecting my chances of conceiving a child. I would do anything for my child-- even one that hasn't been conceived yet. So I try to think of it as "I'm not going to eat that, because my goal to have a family is more important to me." Sometimes that helps. fx'ed for you!
xxx

You really need to have a clear goal in your head, otherwise it is going to feel like torture the whole time, and it really does need to be a lifestyle change, not 'a diet', I joined weight watchers 6 weeks ago and I've lost 21 lbs but I dont see it as a diet, it's about re-educating yourself on healthy choices and portion size and to eat until you're satisfied not really really full which is what I always did.

Try not to see it as this really difficult thing, losing weight isn't rocket science, it's about the calories you eat minus the calories you use, yes you mentioned a couple of issues that may make it more difficult but it's not impossible for you to lose weight you just need to want it for yourself and commit to doing it. I'm a single working mum so I know what fatigue feels like, but I keep telling myself to 'just do it' and I always feel better after I go work out or do an hour on the Wii Fit at home.

Stop listening to the voice in your head telling you that you cant do it, you really really can and there's loads of us here to support you. :hugs:

Dom85 & we can't wait -Thanks so much for your kind words and advice, i think i do need to get out of the mindset of that i can't do it and start eating better for life not just a diet. I guess the more you tell yourself you can't do it, the more you believe it. So....i can do this and i will do this and we will have a baby. Thanks so much for making me see that this is possible, yeah maybe not easy but possible. I think sometimes i get so upset about the fact my weight is not helping ttc/fertility treatment that i get so down and i just comfort eat, i turn to food to make me feel better (obv it doesn't afterwards), but no more, i have to turn it around, i need to channel that energy into determination to succeed rather than tears and upset.

Thanks again :hugs: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->