Is it the only option?

Harveysmum369

Mrs Christmas
Reaction score
me and my hubby have an 18 month old border collie X jack russell who used to be playful but never nasty.
When we moved from scotland to Norfolk we had to put her into kennels,she was in there from 1st October to 12th December and since she has come home she is being a nasty little cow...constantly bearing her teeth to us,barking at everything.
I dont wanna get rid of her because I know she can be a good dog but at the moment I dont see any other way.
Anyone got any ideas?
Donna.
xxxx

Hey hun I think somone on the forum is a dog trainer

nifirsttimer or something she may be able to help :D

xx

The Dog Whisperer philosophy is also really awesome, but would take reading the books and/or watching a bunch of episodes to really pull the ideas together, in my opinion, and it's not for everybody as some people resonate with certain types of dog training. I personally like his methods and have used them successfully. I do think there is something you can do about it short of getting rid of your pooch, as long as you're willing to put in the time and effort. :)

My suggestion would be to get in a dog behaviourist to actually meet and assess her.

my grandparents had the same problem, their basset went into a kennel being a perfectly happy lovely dog, and came out food agressive, possessive over objects, and generally a horrible dog, however they got help with a dog trainer, they didn't pay a fortune and it only took 4 visits and she was back to normal. :)xx

I've heard that border collies are a breed that needs loads of exercise and stimulation due to their intelligence. Is she getting enough?
If she's getting her usual walks, maybe try giving her extra? Maybe she needs an outlet for all that extra energy that's currently coming out as aggression?
I don't know. I'm a cat person, normally, but I do know lots of dog trainers. :)
I'll see if I can ask someone tomorrow and get back to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->