is it too early for my bump to drop?

miss_geordie

Reaction score
My mam came over on sunday and i Hasnt seen her in about a week, but she straight away said my bump had definatly dropped. I hadnt really noticed, but since she pointed it out, it does look lower down, i seem to have more space between my bump and my boobs :/ im 33 weeks with my first baby, is this too early? Ive also been getting period type pains occasionally and my bump goes hard, which im assuming are Braxton Hicks...? do the 2 come hand in hand? :wacko:

Nope, you're not too early. It happens at different times for different women (and different pregancies!)

And no, BH and bump dropping doesn't necessarily go hand-in-hand. For example, I've been having BH for many weeks now. At 36 weeks I was 2/5 engaged and at 38 weeks I was 3/5 engaged. Yet my bump only noticeably dropped over the past weekend :)

HTH

Nope, you're not too early. It happens at different times for different women (and different pregancies!)

And no, BH and bump dropping doesn't necessarily go hand-in-hand. For example, I've been having BH for many weeks now. At 36 weeks I was 2/5 engaged and at 38 weeks I was 3/5 engaged. Yet my bump only noticeably dropped over the past weekend :)

HTH

Thanks hun, i feel better now :) im not due till Feb 7th but im being induced early at 37 weeks....4 weeks to go! Ive been getting peiod type pains and dull aches at the bottom of my bump, and yesterday i had a really bad pain across my bump. My mams been joking for weeks this baby is going to be born on christmas day, with a star in the sky and 3 wise men (baby is a bit of a miracle baby - long story!) but then when she pointed out my low down bumpage and with the pains i was starting to worry it was a sign!! lol:dohh:

Don't fret! Even if you do go into early labour, being premature isn't the massive problem it once was. Even my OH was 7 weeks early, and he was just fine. So please don't panic - of course it's better to get to full term, but you and baby will be taken good care of no matter what happens :)

What you're having sound like BH - I know all the literature says they're 'usually' painless, but an awful lot of women find them really quite painful. I certainly do!

If your baby has turned and is engaging then it's unsurprising it looks a bit lower. The size and shape of the bump depends on many things, so it's not wise to compare much at this stage. If you're worried about anything do call your MW, and obviously if your waters break or you start getting regular pains (particularly if they don't go away with exercise or after a bath) then call the MW straight away :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->