Is it too early for symptoms???

Naturalmommi

Reaction score
I'm having some weird symptoms that feel very familiar like what I felt at the begining of my other pregs... but thinking it's too early! My CD 1 started on 8/23 and think I ovulated on my CD9 ... Maybe I have the flu...

Any symptoms before about 6DPO would be caused by the normal post ovulation increase of progesterone (and progesterone also increases during pg so it's common for people to think they have symptoms from 1dpo.) Your body won't start producing pg symptoms until the egg is implanting. I think my math says you are about 4DPO so that would still be pretty early for symptoms.

My 2WW symptoms were very predictable each month when I was TTC DS2, and the month I conceived him my cycle was different from just 2dpo.

I know HCG doesn't start to build until egg implants at around 7-10 dpo but there must be other earlier changes.

Good luck Naturalmommi.

I just noticed blood tinged discharge! I'm
On CD 15/16
Anyone think this could be implantation????? I'm thinkimg I ovulated on CD9/10

I hope!!! But don't want to get my hopes up as well! Lol I also have been feel soooo tired today and my circulation is different. like arms fall asleep etc. With my first preg I woke up in the mid of night with my whole arm dead asleep!!! So scary. Lol

While it's too early for hCG to be causing the usual pregnancy symptoms this early, there is a hormone called EPF (early pregnancy factor) that is released within hours of fertilisation. You don't feel this hormone's effects, but it does compromise your immune system (so that your body won't reject the fertilised egg), which then can make women become ill or feel ill during the TWW. It's quite common for women to get colds, sore throats or even flu during the TWW and then get a BFP. When I was pregnant with my daughter I caught hand, foot and mouth from my son during my TWW and had a really high fever on 5dpo. It's quite rare to catch HFM as an adult, so I think I caught it because my immune system was weakened by being pregnant (just too early to know it yet).

Oh that's really interesting, I hadn't heard of the EPF. (I also caught HFM from my son a couple months ago, it sucked so much haha)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->