Is it too early to feel the baby move?

Kiram

Reaction score
I'm just over 15 weeks now into my first pregnancy. When I lay down in the evenings, I'll often feel little "flutters" in my belly, usually in one area beneath or near my belly button. I've also been eating light meals every couple of hours (only way I can keep nausea away) so I've been writing off just about any "movement" as gas or digestion...until tonight when I lightly poked my belly and immediately felt a flutter where I poked. Could it actually be baby? I know movement starts early on, but being a first time mother I've been told I probably won't be able to detect it until 20-ish weeks. Have any of you felt movement yet, and if so, when?

I really don't "feel" pregnant yet...but when I feel flutters, I like to think it's the baby because it makes pregnancy more of a reality to me, and lets me know they're doin' alright in there.

It COULD be the baby, yes. Congratulations! I felt my first baby's BIG kicks at 16 weeks along. If the placenta wasn't in the way, I'm sure I would have felt flutters sooner. :)

It's possible I felt flutters early with both pregnancys but my first wasn't really noticeable until 23weeks but this one I got a few solid kicks at 14 weeks. You might feel things here and there but usually harder more consistent movements will come later.

At 15 weeks it would probably be a little bit lower than near your belly button.
Definitely possible though.
I didn't feel movement until 17/18 weeks with my first but began feeling movement at 14/15 weeks with this bubs.
Anterior placenta with my first and posterior placenta with this pregnancy.

It's definitely possible although early for a first pregnancy.

Generally I don't feel movements until around week 18 but I can feel flutters already with this bubs, mainly at nighttime.

With my first, I felt flutters at 14 weeks, first kick at 16+2 and consistent movement closer to 20 weeks....even though you're a FTM, it's definitely possible!

Definitely possible, even with a first baby! I'm a FTM and already felt my son very slightly at around 15 weeks. Movements were more obvious closer to 19 weeks though.

I felt my first move from early in 14 weeks (I also had an anterior placenta too, but it was low lying so I must have been feeling her at the top of my uterus). It was so obvious. It felt like vibrating at first and then slowly became like a little fish swimming around. I felt it for several hours every day and it got stronger and stronger until it was more obvious kicks closer to 18-20 weeks, so definitely was movement.

I think I first felt DD at 14weeks but I had a lead skirt resting on my stomach which probably helped. Didn't definitely feel her until 16/17 weeks when she started reacting to food

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->