Is it too early too.....

cliqmo

Reaction score
Hello :wave:

Sooo I am only a little bit pregnant at the moment (5wks tomorrow) and I know there are a gazillion things that might go wrong and I shouldn't get my hopes up too high etc etc :rolleyes: BUT I can't help doing a little bit of excited forward planning for if/when sproglet arrives :winkwink:

...are any (or all) of the things I've been looking at too premature for this stage in pregnancy?

Please feel free to add your own if you have been excitedly looking at things too :thumbup:

1. Changing the car for an MPV (I took one out for a test drive today :haha:)

2. Prams, car seats etc (I took said MPV to Mothercare and had a 'fitting' to see whether it had a big enough boot :dohh: :blush: )

3. Maternity clothes

4. Nursery furniture

Please be as honest as you like :happydance:

It IS early, but hey ho, enjoy every minute of it, it doesnt happen often :thumbup:

You cant help but get a little ahead of yourself, pregnancy is an exciting time :)

well as you are aware that things could go wrong i would say proceed with caution hehe. just buy the odd thing and nothing massively expensive. even if things do go wrong (fingers crossed it's fine!!) then it doesn't mean it would be ur only pregnancy!! hope u have a happy and healthy 9 months!!

I've bought a pregnancy and a name book and that's it. I'm too nervous to do anything more until I have a scan. Wish I could be more relaxed but I can't! I'm roughly at the same point as you. Hope we both have a happy and healthy 9 months...

Pregnancy makes us all nuts!

I have been looking like you, but not buying!

I had to buy all new clothes for a new job, and strategically bought stretchy stuff, cardigans not jumpers etc...

And we have had the 'now we need a new car' dicussion! :haha:

I was too nervous to buy any baby things until after my scan (and to be fair, I still am a bit!), but I changed my car as soon as we started TTC to be prepared :)

ahhh i think its great shop till u drop u sound quite prepared ;) i personally wont be getting anything until my 20 week scan lol im praying i get there still sooooo scared but excited all in 1 :) xxxxxxxxx

I have been looking at furniture and other things too, but I am not even sure where I will be living in 6 months... plus, without insurance, I am on a tight budget to make it through the year and don't even want to daydream about the things I could buy. It's a bit sad but trying not to let it take away some of the magic of being pregnant.

Also working on getting insured... a huge weight will be lifted once I can figure that out.

It is early, but as others have said, just proceed with caution. I think each and every pregnancy deserves to be enjoyed from the moment you know about it, regardless of how it turns out. I'd just wait until the 1st trimester is over before making life altering purchases (like a car). I'm tempted to buy things but don't want to jinx myself...plus DH would be mad.

Ive read that buying too early will cause you to overbuy.... you will always find some new cute stuff to buy.. and will at somepoint buy out of boredom, lest face it we will soon be stuck at home with big bellys unable to follow our usual croud of firiends...

but on the other side, so hard to not be excited in front of those little booties... :) I think we should treat ourselves to buying little by little.. and dont forget the baby shower...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->