• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

is it too late? please help

kiwilove

Reaction score
My little one is 7 weeks old. She is fed formula and breast...mostly formula. I so want to exclusively breastfeed and fear it is too late. I have been taking supplements to help bring in my supply and plan on asking doctor for the medication to help as well... I want to just sit on the couch all day and keep her on just to help bring in more milk but I think she would be starving. she drinks 4 ounces of formula at a feeding, and thats after she has had the breast. When I pump I only get 1 and half to 2 ounces at a time. I need some help/tips...can I still exclusively breast feed or is it too late?

Absolutely not! You can definitely still EB, and 1&1/2-2 oz is actually very normal, your lo is much more effective at getting out milk than your pump, maybe if you're worried, you can slowly over the next week decrease the formula and increase the feelings and even power pump which can help to boost supply! Best of luck!

You can definitely still EBF! For sure. It will take some work. I recommend going to the La Leche League website, use their forums as they have lots of consultants on the board. Also I would suggest you BF her first then give her the formula. When she's at her hungriest, BF-ing her will help increase your supply, she will suck more as opposed to when she's partially full from formula.

The book, the womanly art of breastfeeding, has some good sections on how to EBF after FFing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->