Is it too late to use reusables??

kpnutt

mum to 1 & #2 baking nice
Reaction score
I was wondering if it would be too late to use re-usable nappies on my 11 month old son.
Me and my boyfriend had are hearts set on using them all through my pregnancy, but as my LO was born in august it was getting closer to the colder weather and we did not have central heating in our flat. This would make it pretty much impossible to get them dry.

Do you think it would be worth giving it ago now?

Looking at some of the prices i am wondering if it would cost us more money to switch or will i save any money in the long run????

I would switch. We started using cloth diapers late aswell. We wanted them right from the start, but couldn't find any in stores at the time and I didn't know which sites online were good. Finally I found some and I am so glad we switched. For us, it does save money. We wash the diapers with our other clothes and we don't have to do it anymore than we normally do, and we don't have to buy diapers anymore. Hunter is 2 years old now and is potty learning, but we still use a diaper when we're away from home and at night. Its worth it to us.

Never too late imo :)

We are switching soon - we were in the exact same position as you, lived in a flat, little one born in august.. Good luck :)

I say go for it as well. You can always use cloth for later babies.

You will probably still save some money with this one and of course save lots of money if you have another :thumbup:

I just spoke to my bf and he's not so sure now, but i still want to switch. Does anyone know where i would be able to get them cheap? And which ones are good. I'm definatly going to work on changing his mind.
Mostly down to the money side of it that he's not sure. So gotta find a good deal!

Terry squares are the cheapest option, you will needed fitted wraps to go over them. Bambino Mios are quite economical, but they are sized, in order to save the most money you're better off getting one size ones as they will definitely last you until you potty train. Also, rather than buying new you could pick up a bargain on ebay.

Don't forget that a lot of nappies hold their value, so you could sell them when you're done with them.

How many do you think i'll need if i go for terry towelling, how often do you have to change them a day, is it more than disposable ones?

Terry squares probably want changing every 2-3 hours depending on how heavy a wetter you have. How many you get depends on how often you want to wash them. I don't mind washing nappies every day, so I manage with 12 nappies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->