Is it too soon for my LO to be trying to roll over?

britt1986

Reaction score
My LO will be 2 months old next Tuesday and today I have noticed he is trying to roll over in one direction. He will get on his side and stay there for a minute and then get mad because he can't get the rest of the way over. Is it too early for him to be trying to roll over?

Hi there!

No I don't think too early.
Chayce rolled over 3 times at 2months and 1 week old.He rolled from back to front.
Every baby develops faster/slower at different things at different stages!:flower:

No I don't think its too early. Izzy tried at around 8 weeks, it seemed her head was too heavy though and she couldn't quite get there!
She was just over3 months when she first did it completely.

yup -- not too early at all! My LO actually went through a stage where he rolled from front to back constantly between 3 weeks and 9 weeks old. Everytime during that age I put him on his tummy time, he would flip to his back! :dohh: Then he got too chunky to get his bulk over! :haha: He started rolling over again at about 13/14 weeks-ish.

I dont think there is really such a think as too early in terms of rolling/sitting/walking etc. I just let my baby develop at her pace and help her if she needs it. If they're ready then why not let them do it :)

my LO started rolling over quite early, people used to say to me isnt it a bit early for her to be rolling over, and i was like well how the hell do you suppose i am gonna stop her lol if she wants to do it she's gonna do it, same goes for your LO
your baby will develop how they want to develop x

I'm letting him do anything he wants to do. I was just always under the assumption that they roll over much later on, like 4 months or so. Sorry for sounding dumb. This is my first baby.

You don't sound dumb! They are valid concerns. :hugs:

I'm letting him do anything he wants to do. I was just always under the assumption that they roll over much later on, like 4 months or so. Sorry for sounding dumb. This is my first baby.

Hun, dont get me wrong, i wasnt saying you sounded dumb or anything like that!! :) xx

Emma flipped from front to back at two months exactly. But it took her over a month after that to get back to front. :thumbup: Every baby is different and yours sounds to be doing great!! :hugs:

Not at all....well i think it is BUT my LO rolled over from his tummy to his back at 7 weeks and last he has just rolled from his back to his front last week! hes now when lying on his tummy kicking himself forward so ends up at the top of his cot :haha:...HV said that was very early but obv not impossible lol...

:thumbup: for baby bryson hehe xx

Hun, dont get me wrong, i wasnt saying you sounded dumb or anything like that!! :) xx

I know, I wasn't saying that because of what you said. Sorry for the confusion.:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->