Is it true..

missjacey44

Jacey & Baby Tye
Reaction score
That baby stops moving when your going into labour.. My nan told me with both of hers they stopped moving the day before she went into labour so not to worry if i get no movement around now because im due. (i dont tend to listen to her because times change!!!) But then i think i heard somebody else say this isnt true and you should still get it checked if your having reduced movement even if your near your due date

my sis has had 4 and she said the same thing... But I often wondered, if that's the case, why is my MW so hell bent on me flying up to hospital if baby stops moving?

Clueless.

Yeah thats what i thought too so im not really sure. My MW always makes sure to remind me if i have reduced movements i MUST call hospital. I havnt had much movement at all today so im going to give hospital a ring in halfhour after my dinner but just wondered about the whole labour and movement thing

I could be wrong, but I'm sure that the midwife at my antenatal class said that movements can be felt al the way through labour.
It might be worth asking at your next appointment - just to put your mind at rest.
And let us know what she says!!!!

I was hooked up to a monitor during my labour with Charlie and movement could be felt and was recorded all the while so...:D

I hope not cos i would never be able to tell :lol:

The baby doesn't stop moving...

The last few weeks the baby can become more quiet in prep for labour, "resting up", but they never just stop moving.

If I called my hospital every day that I had reduced movements I think they would block my number... My LO seems to have days where she moves about tons, and then days where she is SOOOO quiet!

I didn't feel any movement after my waters broke but when they strapped me upto the monitor it recorded movements, I just couldn't feel them x

Movement didn't stop for me but it did slow down alot the day before labour, but you should still be getting your 10 movements xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->