Is it weird to give baby same name as a friend?

Snoopee

Reaction score
This is baby #3 for us, our second boy and we're really struggling to agree on a name. The one we both like and keep coming back to is Luke. The problem is, a very good friend's partner is called Luke. We see them on a regular basis. I've spoken to my friend about it and they think it's hilarious and are more than happy for us to use it. Is it a bit weird though given that we see them so often? Don't know if I can get past it but it's one of the only names we both like and it's getting very close to my due date now. Would you use it?

I would talk to them about it first - which you did - and then if they seem comfortable with the idea, USE IT! Enjoy it! You'll find a way to distinguish the Lukes when they're together. :)

I don't see anything wrong with if your happy with it, friendships change as you get older so it might be that you lose touch and miss out on a name you liked

Yes i think its totally fine. Different generations. If it was their child called Luke i'd steer clear because they may grow up together but an adult wouldnt bother me at all.

Yeah it's fine. Be prepared for the odd 'oh named after his dad' jokes from mutual friends. Or maybe that's just my friends lol

I would use the name! You already spoke with your friends about it and I don't think it would be weird at all. There will probably be jokes of being named after the friend but those I would just go with and laugh. :)

Imho, since they are ok with it then there is no problem using it :). It would be a different story if he wasn't okay with it and is as close as a friend to you as he is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->