Is it wrong for to want another so soon? (long)

littlesteph

expecting baby no:3
Reaction score
My little boy is 12 weeks old, when he was about 2 weeks we said we want another and that we are going to start trying when he is 12 weeks old.
Before anyone judges me let me explain why we want this.

Ok so we've always wanted children close in age. It also took 25 months for me to fall pregnant with our son.
At the year mark we went to my doctor and explained we had been trying a year and nothing has happened. I had a blood test done and my hubby had a sperm test done, both came back normal, all though hubby's results came back at the lower end of normal. Another year had gone, now at this point we had gone through a chemical pregnancy at the 21 month mark. When we reached they 2 year mark of trying we said we would give it one last go, we would try everything we can if nothing happens then instead of going to the doctor we would go striaght to our local fertility hospital.
We both took conception vitiams tablets, i used opks and we used concieve plus lube.
Now because i was due on on my birthday i was so sure that i would have to phone the hospital to get an appointment, 3 days before AF was due i found out i was pregnant with my soon. apart from the aches and pains and the morning sickness the pregnancy went well till i reach 34 weeks and hubby had notice my bump had not grown in a month, i was then refered for a growth scan, then to another midwife then a consultent who then told me i needed to be induced because if i carried on with the pregnancy there was a risk to my baby. I was induced at 36 weeks the day before i was meant to finish work, He was born weighing 4lb 6.5oz. could not control his temp or sugar levels. i later found out he had IUGR. Because he got stressed when my contractions were every 28 seconds i had to have an EMCS.

At my 6 week pp check we spoke to my doctor about trying again and when we told him our plan, he didn't say anything about not doing it. he didn't say he had to wait, didn't even recommend us to wait.

Ok so thats my story, i had to tell you that before you judge us with out knowing the whole story of why we want another, like i said we've always wanted children close in age.
Both our family are surportive of our choice. my mum-in-law and step mum keep asking when are we going to start trying again.
I have a few people who tell because it took so long that should give me more reason to wait.

what would you do if you were in my shoes?
would you wait, or carry on with your plans of trying for another

Hey girl...if I was you I'd do what feels right for you...I think a decision like this is like the Internet. You'll always find people for both sides of the fence...I'm only having 2 kids so I felt I had a little bit of time in between....but if it took us awhile with #1.....I have to say I'd probably be doing the same as you and trying as soon as possible. There are always gonna be good days and bad no matter what the age of your kids....do what you gotta do girl and embrace it!!!!! If you feel it's right than it IS right for your family!

I'd say do what you and your OH want :)

Good luck!

:dust:

thank you ladies.
it was hubby's idea start trying as soon as we could, he decided when LO was 2 weeks he wanted to try again i think he knew i felt that way as well thats when we agreed depending on what the doctor says we'll start when LO is 12 weeks.

I think you have to remember...peoples reactions come from them putting themselves in your shoes....so they may not be able to handle that and say...."Oh heck no"......but they AREN'T you......much like someone who didn't expect to have twins or triplets didn't "plan" that......but they figure it out and the kids survive and do amazing so obviously the mom's do something right!.....having taken so long with your first, you want to jump back in.....if it catches right away....you'll adjust.....Reemember those people aren't you....they didn't have to sit through 2 years trying to get pregnant the first time so they can't see it through your eyes....be confident in your choice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->