is labour pains sore from the start? UPDATE

catty

Reaction score
I think i did a bit too much today, done a long walk and have just done some cleaning and made dinner. now im sitting down and my back is aching (it usually is sore but this is lower down and a different ache)
I feel sick and my stomach has an ache but not particularly painful.
Im probably overthinking things but is this just normalish symptoms its been about an hour now and still sore. Defo cant imagine it is labour as im not in heaps of pain,and all the signs iv looked up arent happening to me but i dont feel right and usually when i lie down i dont feel sore like this

also forgot to mention im not even 33 weeks yet :-( dont think its worrying enough to call midwife though
thanks

Is it coming and going? Or a constant pain?

Its a constant feeling - when i looked up contractions ir dowsnt sound like its that

Yeah no that won't be contractions, it sounds like you may have just have general soreness from the daily activities, your joints are starting to loosen up now in preparation for the growing baby and it can get sore pretty fast. But always call if you are concerned right :)

Thanks for replying, feels like period pains so going to have a bath and a relaxing night hopefully feel back to normal tomorrow!

It might be your ligaments being stretched. That can hurt like that and especially as you've been active today it could be that.
Having a hot bath should sort you out. Hope you feel better soon hun x

I always feel like this when I've had a busy day and overdone it, nice bath and relax :)

It still hasnt eased up :-( took paracetomal and in bed trying to take my mind of it but have pooed 3 times (sorry tmi) and feel so sick maybe its a stomach bug

Update - so after 12 hours then pain was getting quite a bit worse and i couldnt sleep through it so called the midwofe so said to go to the ward at hospital. they took a trace of the babys heartbeat and said there is defo no contractions but i had ++protein and leukocytes in my urine so possibly another urine infection. i just had one the week before so they wouldnt give me anymore antibiotics as they felt that was enough for one month. they also think its the way baby is lying. so went home and last night was still in alottt of pain but have woke up today feeling back to normal. now im TERRIFIED for birth as that was so sore for me and really wasnt even anything. so thankful it wasnt anything serious!!

glad all is ok hun. you will be fine in labour our bodies are made to do this! (thats what i keep telling myself anyway!!) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->