is laminate flooring expensive?

mummyof3babas

Reaction score
ok i guess im abit behind:blush: but is laminate expensive? iv always had carpets and after christmas im moving into a new house and want laminate put down down stairs, its just costing too much to keep replacing carpets, i have a 4 yr old 3 yr old and 6 month old! thanks

we had laminate put down in living room, it is 20 square metres and cost about £350 and that was everything including the underlay (which was waterproof one in case lo spilt something), edging, tool fitting kit and spacers, good quality laminate flooring (we got one ok for bathrooms as well as every where else in case of spills or accidents) it was 12mm thick, my dad had a cutting saw for it, and we did get extra in case. They are always going on offer, you can get cheaper than we got but we went for a mid range so would last and love it. I will see if I can find link to one we got and add later, its fantastic, lo has dragged stuff across it and not a mark, wipes clean beautifully and easy to put in

https://www.wickes.co.uk/invt/225307 this is what we have, you can get cheap underlay and cheaper laminate, my dad recommended this as thicker so if floor is not completely exact to the millemetre level it wont bend and plus this is hard wearing, we have had in since summer and love it

Depends how good it is :) the thicker the better! 6mm won't be very good quality but will be v cheap. We got 11mm oak style flooring and it cost £600 for the whole house. You also have to get underlay x

I just did my whole house- cost about $2.00 a sq and that included an attached underpad. Wouldnt go any other way!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->