Is lying down after BD a must?

chocolatechip

Reaction score
DH and I generally BD in the morning so I don't always have time to lie down afterwards.

Does anyone swear by this lying down to "hold everything in" process? Did anyone get a BFP without lying down afterwards? I'm always worried about all the stuff that falls out even though I know that's silly because otherwise people would use that as birth control lol.

I've read that if you have a couple minutes, it can help ensure the spermies get where they need to go, increasing the odds slightly. But it's far from necessary in order to conceive.

For 5 cycles, I was up right away to clean off. On cycle 6, I decided to stay horizontal for 5-10 minutes after and boom BFP. Could be coincidence, but it can't hurt.

Not for me.
I went to the toilet and showered straight away, but I got a BFP.
Good luck!

I lie down for a while afterwards, and on both months of trying I fell pregnant.

On my bfp I laid with hips elevated or butt up. but I've done a bit of both afterward and no more bfps.

My sis asked her doc and he said that getting up to get clean right away is fine. the amount of pressure that happens when a man ejaculates is intense and all the good and fast sperm are right there. If conditions are optimal (fertile cm etc) then they get in pretty quickly. Any of the guys that are left and haven't got in by the time we get up are usually not great sperm.

I don't think it will hurt for 5 min or so but beyond that I don't think it is necessary.

If I have time I will stay laying down, but I use soft cups and preseed! Insert the soft cup as soon as we are finished and I leave it in over night up to 12 hrs with preseed in it! Keep everything close and in!

Got me my first BFP 4 years ago!! Giving it a try again!

I would recommend looking into Instead soft cups, they are amazing! even if I have time to lay down I always put one in because it keeps everything pooled around the cervix and you can wear them for upto 8 hrs! :) good luck

Nope, not necessary at all.
The baby I'm currently pregnant with was I hopped straight up after and went to the toilet.

I read somewhere that the sperm that comes back out was no good anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->