Is Mother Nature tricking me or am I pregnant???

mlambert521

Reaction score
Okay, sooo I will give some back story as this is my first post! I got off BC in November. My periods were irregular until May. I had skipped a month randomly, then had one Feb 28, then at some point in march and april. then May 24th i had one. I had one AGAIN June 24th, almost down to the hour as i started in may! My husband and I decided to try for a baby this month. We aren't necessarily bothered if i don't end up pregnant, since this was our first time trying. but! here we are now on the 25th.. Normally, the day of my period I have brownish/pinkish spotting then start full force in the evening. Well, yesterday was the 24th- no spotting, no period. Today, no spotting, no period. I have mild cramps but nothing like what it is when AF is coming on. Also, my nipples were very sore for about a week. I was a bit discouraged because that usually happens when I am about to start... but today, they are not near as sore at all. I felt VERY nauseous yesterday morning but it went away and i never vomited, though i felt like i was going to. I was exhausted all morning today, but it's monday and now not so much... I have no other pregnancy symptoms but also no other sign my period is coming!

I took a test this morning, and it was negative. but i think i got urine on the test screen (the manual said that could lead to faulty results) and im only one day late.?! could i still be pregnant??? or is mother nature playing a cruel trick on me?

I normally wouldn't even be worried, but my period was RIGHT ON TIME down to the HOUR the past two months...
When should I test again?

What kind of test did you use? I would suggest a First Response Early Results and use FMU tomorrow morning, try to get the urine as concentrated as possible

I used the walmart brand. I bought it along with tampons because i really thought i would be starting soon. So, i bought the cheapest one... (mostly wishful thinking I believe)... I looked up the most reliable hpts though and that brand only recognized high amounts of HCG. grr the two week wait was nerve wracking now this haha

Yea I don't like Walmart brand. Some people swear by them, but I never got good lines on them. I do really like FRERS, and even the cheap Equate blue dye tests

The walmart brand is equate... or at least that's what i had. The equate /: could it still be too early?

Could be pregnant or you could have just ovulated late and that's why your period is late. I was 3 days late before I got a bfp this pregnancy though. In fact in all my healthy pregnancies I've never had a bfp before bfp was at least 2 days late. So your not out yet! Good luck.

Thanks! The more I wait the more I realize how badly I want this. Fingers crossed... thank you :)

is the test you took a pink or blue dye? Pink dye is the best! I swear by FRER!

Babydust mlambert, as others have said would suggest first morning urine collected in a small cup so less chance of splashing test window....goodluck

I would use First Response. If it doesn't pick it up you probably aren't as they pick up HCG crazily early.

Walmart test aren't nearly as sensitive. I have often had positives on other brands several days before my period and Walmart won't pick it up until the day of. If you ovulated late, Walmart will not pick it up yet.

It's blue:( someone told me blue dye is better! I guess I should fr pink dye?!! Thanks... This is so confusing!

Blue dye is known for false positives due to evap lines. This is pretty consistent. Another idea is using an OPK. I continued to get positive OPKs before I got a positive FRER. With the OPKs it needs to be as dark or darker than the control. I was going crazy thinking my ovulation was all messed up. I took a FRER at 7dpo and BFN but the OPKs stayed dark and were getting darker and darker. I got my BFP at 10dpo with a FRER.

So what did the positive opk mean?? Sorry idk I'm new to this�� Never used an opk!

OPKs test for the luteinizing hormone. Pregnancy tests test for hcg. LH and HCG are very similar. Its as if they are the same but hcg is wearing a "hat". So OPKs will detect hcg and lh. Pregnancy tests only detect hcg. It looks for the "hat". When you are using OPKs, it will get as dark or darker than the control just before ovulation due to a surge in LH which is what tells our body to release the egg. After you release the egg, the OPK test line will start to get lighter and lighter. If your body is producing HCG, it will remain dark. It is not as accurate as a pregnancy test due to the fact it can detect 2 hormones as opposed to just the one. But it can detect the pregnancy.

I am pregnant but my OPK was still light/negative (took out of curiosity :)) if you have a dollar tree near you, I would buy a veriquick test and pink cassette assured test, I finally got my bfp on those and then with a clearblue weeks estimator, they are pretty sensitive too, my lines were still very light. I almost lost my mind waiting for my bfp this time because I was 5 days late! All negatives every day up until then, so it is possible. They say it's still early testing unless you are testing a week after the first day of your missed period. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->