Is my baby the only one who has green-ish poops

m0mmyCool

Me, OH, and our 2 boys.
Reaction score
My baby almost always has a greenish tint in his poop. Sometimes he has small ones that are dark green and stringy. It bothers me but I'm not overly worried about it because he's gaining weight and he doesn't seem to be in any discomfort. He's a quiet baby. I will bring it up at his 2 month appointment which is next week. I just want to know if this is common.

Mine does to I found cutting out most dairy makes it a dark yellow now

It seems as if all babies have the green poo around this age. My LO's pediatrician said 'If it's not black, white, or bloody, it's fine' My LO's were green for about 5 weeks because I was taking antibiotics. If LO isn't in any discomfort... I'd say he's fine. The dr could order a stool test to make sure there's no microscopic levels of blood... but I doubt it. :flower:

My LO's were green for ages then they recently went more yellow, but still having some green ones x

Mine had a green poop in 3rd week and now just once when she had her vaccine...

But hers is not seedy anymore.. Is that ok???? She's a month yet

It just means she's using all the fat those seeds are beads of fat

I was so worried about this last week as i thought we were having foremilk/hindmilk issues but the doctor said it's very common at around 5-10 weeks and is simply because they are using up all the goodness from the milk so there isn't really aything left hence the liquid poos, and the green is just a bile stain. There are fewer seeds in her poo now it's green, and she is weeing more so I think that all seems to agree with what the doctor told me. He said around 8-10 weeks the mustardy colour poos would return. It's worrying because all the info on the internet points to foremilk/hindmilk imbalance or a food intolerance, and it's obviously not always down to that.

Loads of greenish poops here too. Have been for a few weeks and were also told not to worry unless other signs of being unwell. Could be sign of digestive system maturing as J started doing lots of these just before he stopped pooping after night feeds - which is great cos he can wake, feed and go back to sleep :)

If the poo is green & frothy it his a foremilk/hindmilk imbalance.

If it is stringy or mucousy & green it is an allergy, like dairy as mentioned. Since you said it was stringy it might be worth looking at your diet or limiting or cutting dairy to see if it helps.

We get a greenish tinge sometimes but I was told as long as it isn't bright green there is no need to worry.

I've got the same issue with DD. 2 THEORIES: immunisations/ your dairy consumption -maybe it's too much for her/his tinny stomach.

My DD is 10 weeks 3 days old, she's had green poo's for about a week and a half, sometimes dark, sometimes light green, she sometimes has a yellow one in-between, she isn't in any pain so it seems, from the people I've spoken to this can be normal, and isn't always a sign of food intolerance, or milk problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->