Is my bump growing too quick?

FinallyBFP

Reaction score
I’m hoping the pic will come up that I’ve posted but I was just wondering is my bump growing too quick? I’ve seen so many women at 3 months barely show yet I look 4 months +?! I’m worried am I eating too much and gaining weight to quickly? Any other ladies with similar size bumps at this stage? I thought because I have a long torso it would be a while before I show and now I worry am I eating too unhealthy and gaining weight to quick. When I say unhealthy I haven’t been too bad but I’ve had white bread practically everyday it’s the only thing I could stomach for ages!!

88063B1E-7D78-4E77-8641-814B64B4A374.jpeg

Haha, everyone is different with each pregnancy, some women will grow faster than others, and some will take forever to show. I'm on month 4 right now and my stomach is much bigger than yours, trust me. I'm also typically small otherwise (5'4, 109lbs, 27yrs). At my last prenatal check-up I weighed 120lbs! And that was around 13 weeks, first trimester. I weighed around 109lbs my whole life and never really gained or lost weight. So I can definitely say everyone is different. From your photos, you seem to be growing just fine and don't look that big at all:shrug:

You’re beautiful!!!! Looks like a perfect bump to me!!! Eat that white bread, girl! If that’s what you want right now and your body and baby are growing and doing all the right things then that’s great! Balance it out with some fruit or veggies or fiber or whatever kind you can stomach so things will “‘move along” :haha: and you won’t get crampy..... but you look perfect!!! Enjoy your pregnancy!!

Thank you girls! I had my scan today and baby is doing fine and growing at the right pace I think I was just being paranoid! Xxxx

Some women's bodies also just like to bloat! I am on my 3rd baby and very early on, my belly looked like a circus tent! My friends could hardly believe I wasn't further along. Every woman's body is different. :)

Thankfully, mine is now an actual bump and not a side show :haha:

Some women's bodies also just like to bloat! I am on my 3rd baby and very early on, my belly looked like a circus tent! My friends could hardly believe I wasn't further along. Every woman's body is different. :)

Thankfully, mine is now an actual bump and not a side show :haha:

This made me LOL! I am certainly at circus tent phase right now :haha:

This made me LOL! I am certainly at circus tent phase right now :haha:

It's ridiculous isn't it?! :haha:

"Is that a baby?" "No no dear, that's air and tacos."

It is such a relief when you lay down and finally there's a legitimate bump fighting gravity. :)

It's ridiculous isn't it?! :haha:

"Is that a baby?" "No no dear, that's air and tacos."

It is such a relief when you lay down and finally there's a legitimate bump fighting gravity. :)
Omg Bella I feel this!! I can’t wait till I have a proper bump and don’t just look like I have a tyre round my waist! I can’t wait to have a huge belly and waddle around rather than never knowing if I’m just bloated or if my baby is actually that size. When did you ladies tell everyone you were pregnant? I’m itching to but OH wants to keep it secret as long as possible if he could have me do a kylie Jenner he would honestly hide me away till my due date!!

Omg Bella I feel this!! I can’t wait till I have a proper bump and don’t just look like I have a tyre round my waist! I can’t wait to have a huge belly and waddle around rather than never knowing if I’m just bloated or if my baby is actually that size. When did you ladies tell everyone you were pregnant? I’m itching to but OH wants to keep it secret as long as possible if he could have me do a kylie Jenner he would honestly hide me away till my due date!!

Haha it’s the weirdest feeling isn’t it?! I had my friends mom poke my sweatshirt the other day and say “aww there he is!” And got like all misty eyed and excited - I wanted to tell her no really that’s just the bloat from the gigantic burrito I ate before I came over he’s still the size of a lemon....but decided it best to skip it and just let her be real happy over my lunch! :dohh:

I told my close friends (and some close family) straight away because I knew they’d be there for me no matter how the pregnancy ends up! DH did the same...and we left it at that until those family and friends started asking us when THEY could share the news :haha: so now that we’re at 14+ weeks we let them tell whoever...but I think some squealed early anyway lol :shrug:

It’s a very very personal and special time for you and your husband and baby! Take as much time as you need and just really go with your instincts! Don’t feel obligated to do anything or tell/not tell people because so and so thinks it’s the “right” thing to do or because great aunt erma thinks you’ll curse your pregnancy if you don’t tell the whole world and her entire church congregation etc etc. This is totally, wholly and completely up to you and your DH! :flower:

Many congratulations!!!!

Haha it’s the weirdest feeling isn’t it?! I had my friends mom poke my sweatshirt the other day and say “aww there he is!” And got like all misty eyed and excited - I wanted to tell her no really that’s just the bloat from the gigantic burrito I ate before I came over he’s still the size of a lemon....but decided it best to skip it and just let her be real happy over my lunch! :dohh:

I told my close friends (and some close family) straight away because I knew they’d be there for me no matter how the pregnancy ends up! DH did the same...and we left it at that until those family and friends started asking us when THEY could share the news :haha: so now that we’re at 14+ weeks we let them tell whoever...but I think some squealed early anyway lol :shrug:

It’s a very very personal and special time for you and your husband and baby! Take as much time as you need and just really go with your instincts! Don’t feel obligated to do anything or tell/not tell people because so and so thinks it’s the “right” thing to do or because great aunt erma thinks you’ll curse your pregnancy if you don’t tell the whole world and her entire church congregation etc etc. This is totally, wholly and completely up to you and your DH! :flower:

Many congratulations!!!!
Thank you Hun for all your advise!! A big congratulations to you too I’m really itching to tell people as we saw baby on the scan yesterday so we have reached 12 weeks but my OH is not having it he wants to wait till 16 weeks xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->