is my due date right???

laura109

Reaction score
My last period was the 13th may 2014. I worked out exactly 40 weeks was monday feb the 16th. My midwife got the 19th at my book in appointment.
I had my first scan at they gave me the 11th.

That does not match up to my period but i trusted it may be the case.

anyway im 5 days overdue. There booking me in for induction on the 23rd. I know she could come this week but i am not holding out much hope. Im worried she is going to be piling on weight. But the other part of me thinks its early.

can anyone tell me what they think xx

It depends when you ovulated. They moved my due date forward when I went for my scan as well but because I was tracking ovulation I knew I'd ovulated a bit earlier and it was more accurate.

I think the due dates can be a little off because different women ovulate at different points in their cycle so implantation happens at slightly different times for different people. According to my period I'm due on the 14th of April but according to my dating scan I'm due on the 19th, but I'm not measuring a week ahead so who knows! I wouldn't worry about being induced though, it's only a few days off so shouldn't make much difference to how big baby is. Good luck X

Ok brill thanks. Its confusing i chose not to have a sweep because i feel it could be to early. I will just have to ride out the next week. Thanks ladies xx

I got moved forward four days from my LMP date but all my scans have matched up so I think the new date is more accurate because of when I ovulated or implanted. My midwife is conveniently on holiday for my due date so they won't offer me a sweep until 41 weeks when she gets back :( Hope it happens soon for you so you don't have to wait around too long x

The due date is always a bit of an estimate to be honest, although the scan is generally considered to give the most accurate date. With my first daughter, the scan date matched my period dates - but baby arrived twelve days later and even that was only after a bit of persuasion!

With my second daughter, they couldn't use my period to date the pregnancy as I hadn't had one for over two months when I did the test but I knew I wasn't that far along as a test I'd done a month before had been negative. I guessed an approximate date based on the colour of the strip when I did the test (which placed me at four weeks along) and the scan confirmed 31st January as the due date. Much to my surprise, daughter number 2 arrived at 9.58pm - on Saturday 31st January!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->