is my luteal phase 11 or 12 days?

kezz_howland

mummy to one and ttc
Reaction score
before I had my son I think my luteal phase was 12-13 days. since coming off bc this time my period is coming on 12dpo (obv with ov being day zero, then next day 1dpo). is this a 12 or 11day lp? im so worried we are gonna struggle to get pg again if I have an 11 day lp! :(

I would say it's an 11 day LP. The day of your period means a new cycle begins so it's the menstrual phase, not the luteal phase. If I'm wrong, someone correct me please

I also have an 11 day LP and I've read it's on the short side of normal so I'm not worried yet. I wish you lots of luck :)

Yes, that is correct. Ovulation day counts as day "0" of your luteal phase, and the day your period starts is no longer your luteal phase, so the luteal phase is the number between O and AF. I have an 11 day luteal phase pretty regularly, and it ranges from 8 to 12 days only. *SIGH* Apparently it is only a major problem if it is less than 10, but I'm hoping to start progesterone soon after O to help, and I just started taking B6 vitamin before ovulation. Not sure if will help yet!

I second everything already said. It's an 11 day lp, but anything above 10 is not considered a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->