Is my partner in labor?? (Need advice mums)

Fusiondoe

Reaction score
She started having contractions at 4pm that were lasting for about 1 min and coming every 3 mins, this lasted for about 2 hours....

They were intense, she couldn't speak or walk through them... We phoned the hospital and they asked us to come in.... Anyway the pains got worse and worse until she was on all fours screaming with gas and air in the delivery suite at 5 in the morning and contractions were coming one after the other... This continued on until about 8pm. After examining her the doctor said she had dilated 2cm..

Finally after a shot of pethidine and so much exhaustion she fell asleep (a broken sleep where contractions kept waking her up) at 7am the next day her contractions started easing... 9pm that night we went home because she has no pain at all and the midwife said she isn't in labor..

Can somebody explain what's going on? I don't pretend to be an expert but I'm no fool... My partner was in labor (I couldn't care less for the whole 'not in established labor until 4cm', I have never ever seen my partner scream and cry like that in my life and plus this went on over the course of 2 days... And I would like to mention again that she was experiencing the same pain my previous partner was in labor (I have an older child).

Is she technically in labor still and things have calmed down? Or was it just a freak occurrence? Could really do with some advice because I'm baffled as to how a woman can be in such severe pain and then it all just stops.

Thanks guys

P.s she was in labor at 34 weeks but was given nephepidine (is that how it's spelt?) to stop it and steroid jabs... We was also in last week with the same thing (pains etc, though not as intense but intense enough to warrant a stay overnight at the hospital)

Active labour I believe is from 4cm so sounds like your partner is in early labour. Unfortunately hospitals will not admit u until you are 4cm. Sorry to say this could last anywhere from a few hours to a few days! I would suggest taking some long walks and when the contractions start up again go back into the hospital. Good luck!

^^ what she says. It sounds like your partner is in early labour. Hopefully it wont be too long until she is classed as active labour. Try keep active and if she cant walk due to contractions does she have a ball she can sit on and roll on? or get her to go onto all fours but have her arms on a sofa/chair and rock her hips side to side.. it should help baby move down :hugs: good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->