Is my preeclampsia starting again

clacko

Reaction score
I'm currently 38w 4d with baby no 3, had preeclampsia with my previous two and was induced just over 37 weeks. I have been monitored closely and so far have been having the headaches along with floaters and flashing lights, + protein in urine and swelling. So far my Bp has been up and down but not too bad.

The past week or so babys movements have slowed down, been checked several times and each time all ok, the past few days or so iv had a few bouts of vomiting and since yesterday had a terrible burning type pain at the top of my bump to the right, sort of under my boob.

Does this sound like my preeclampsia is starting up again? Doctors have been waiting for my Bp to rise but dispite all my other symptoms my Bp is yet to get high.

I plan on ringing Adu tomorrow morning to get checked cause the pain and vomiting along with reduced movement concerns me x

I would phone tonight Hun. It's not worth the risk. Does sound like pre e to me but even if it's not worth to get checked Hun hope your ok xx

I would call sooner too, just to be cautious since you've had pre-e before. At least your bp being fine is a good thing, but everything else I would say better to play it safe.

My under boob pain was my first symptom hun with dd2 and ds, please call. Hope everything is ok xxx

Do you have a home bp monitor so you can keep an eye on your bp. I don't have BP but the MW has been worried about it because I do have high bp. And my mum had PE. My husband bought me a home machine and it has helped me feel more confident because I don't have to wait between seeing the doctor or MW to take it.

I would call as soon as possible to be honest. Considering you're past 38 weeks I have a feeling they're just going to induce you as it's not really worth the risk to see if your BP goes back up.

I've only got gestational hypertension, but have been on bedrest for the last 4 weeks, and in and out of the hospital/closely monitored. Basically every single thing you've mentioned is what they're constantly asking me about and telling me to monitor closely- and go immediately to the hospital...

You've had pre-e before, so you know it's not worth messing with! Hope you don't have it, but this is what the doctors and hospitals are here for- much better to be safe than sorry! (I have to keep reminding myself of this- the day I wasn't going to call/go in for feeling off thinking I was being a hypochondriac was the day they put me in the hospital!)

Good luck- hope you get some answers!

How are you feeling Clacko? Were you able to get in touch with your doctor?

I went to the Adu and as I thought they were useless, midwives were amazing but always get seen by a registrar and never a consultant. My Bp when I got there was 151/90 then it was 127/76 then back up to 132/84. Although in my notes only the last two have been recorded so not sure the doctor even knew about my first one.

My bloods and urine were checked and I still have protein but it's not gone up since I was last checked. The doctor said if my protein had gone up they would inducd but because was same won't.

Don't really understand why there hanging around waiting for it really, last two times I was induced at 37 weeks and was already dilated so was just a matter of breaking my waters, for some reason seem hell bent on not doing it this time.

The doctor didn't seem concerned about my symptoms at all and told me to take painkillers (which have done nothing since 33 weeks) and gave me iron tablets because my iron is low.

I go back again on Wednesday to see another locum doctor but will be pushing to have something done because these headaches and the pain in my bump is making day to day life rubbish espexially when I have a 5 year old and 2 year
Old to look after.

This must be such a worry for you. Next time you're seen ask for your bloods to be done rather than just bp.

I had my bloods done also, they said that my bloods along with urine is showing borderline amounts of protein for preeeclampsia but because it's not any worse than a few weeks ago just seeing how I go. But like I said to my partner may not be any worse but not getting any better. Iv had preeclampsia twice and I know how it feels, I know it's slowly getting worse. I will have it out with the doctor on Wednesday as I'll be 39 weeks on Tuesday so there's no real reason why it wouldn't be safe to induce or at least see if my waters could be broken x

i get tht felling from my docs etc. I was in overnite mon as bp was up an 2+ protein (first this preg) i was 37+2 but bp lowered itself by 10 pm an was fine morn. Took bloods 8pm mon an doc happy (dunno results) an not heard about urine. See mw tues. Ever since got home ive had headaches mind not bad but there been so dizzy disorentated an havin stomach aches etc. Yest i felt weird not dizzy just off shivery an goose bumps. Also bad stomach ache on off. Also vomited once. I developed severe pre e in lanour first preg an had high bp second which was medicated 32wks. I nvr got swelling but did have bad headaches. I have never felt way ive felt this last week. I havent called mw but was gonna today if no change, but been not bad was sick this morn which was unlike me but no stomach ache until hour ago. take care hun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->