is my sister losing her baby

fifi83

Reaction score
what do you girls think honsetly good or bad i want to know. I wont be sharing this with my sister.

First of all my sister was about 2 weeks behind me making her about 12 weeks pregnant first baby.

she went to see midwife friday, this worried her because the midwife said she cant feel the baby yet, i thought this is quite normal maybe im wrong.

then she says i just dont feel pregnant anymore, so when the time was right i said do another pregnancy test put your mind a ease, she replied with i have done 3 more but the lines are faint which as worried me, this is her first baby and she doesnt know alot about pregnancy stuff.

with the line been fainter i fear for the worse. do you think she is losing her baby?

maybe she doesnt feel pregnant anymore because shes expecting he worst :s dont really know much about the lines etc i dont 9 pregnancy tests and got negative results and then done 1 in a family planning clinic and it came up positive and i was 6 weeks pregnant by a scan at the time x

I am not sure. She should go to her doctors to get it checked out properly.

hi there ive had 3 misscarrages and understand how she feels with the anxiety, the baby is still not moved out side the pelvis untill approx 14 weeks so thats prob y she cant feel it, even agfter a misscarrage thou a pregnancy test WILL come back positive until either a d&c or a complete misscarrage. tell her to go to the closest early pregnancy clinic and explain she will get a scan. hope this helps :hi:

I am not sure what to think either.

What kind of pregnancy symptoms did she have prior? Quite truthfully, I don't feel pregnant save for the growing bump, tiredness and hunger. Often times, women go through stages in the first trimester where they don't feel pregnant at all.

As for the pregnancy tests, I think it depends on the brand.

At any rate though, if she has any concerns I would advise that she goes to see her midwife and get checked over.

I can't help with whether the midwife would be able to feel the baby or not as it isn't something I've had any dealings with. (My mw hasn't tried to feel mine.)

As for the pregnancy test, they're all different and lines will show up fainter or stronger on some then they will on others.

At about 12 weeks her hormone levels would have started to even out/drop anyway as the placenta would have started to take over. Here's a breakdown of hormone levels over the course of the pregnancy.

0-1 week: 0-50 IU/L
1-2 weeks: 40 - 300
3-4: 500 - 6,000
1-2 months: 5,000 - 200,000
2-3 months: 10,000 - 100,000
2nd trimester: 3,000 - 50,000
3rd trimester: 1,000 - 50,000

I'd have thought that this would have meant the line becoming fainter anyway.

If she's really worried she could ask for a scan. I know not every area does them routinely at 12 weeks and if she isn't due one yet, they might give her one to put her mind at ease.

I felt like this at about 12 weeks. At this time the placenta starts to take over and hormones start to calm down, this can make you worry that you don't "feel" pregnant. After the placenta takes over you can get a negative pregnancy test also. The uterus hight may not be felt above the pelvic bone yet either. As long as there is no bleeding she really should try not to worry. Stress is not good for her. She should speak to her MW if she is very worried :hugs:

I had no symptons of pregnancy what so ever with my first, I just didn't feel pregnant but everything went Ok.
Its awful but you just have to hold on until the scan
Good luck
Kerry

They can't feel your uterus at 12 weeks
Dunno about the other stuff

i didnt think the could to be honsety maybe she is been paranoid.

I was just worried about the line on the other test she did been fainter.

Shame. I can imagine why she's so scared.

Well firstly curses to the midwife for putting her under unnecessary fear.

Can't feel the uterus at 12 weeks? How is that supposed to be a guaranteed answer? Every woman and pregnancy is different. My mom still brags on about how she didn't start showing till 6-7 months when she was pregnant with me.

They say that the uterus may be felt just above the pelvis at 12 weeks. That's not a definate.

The fainter line on the pregnancy test. I've been told that pregnancy tests are only really accurate in the first few weeks of pregnancy. 8 weeks they're the strongest but at 12 weeks the placenta takes over so the line fades and it's already been said here that a negative test result is possible.
I believe that would also be the reason for her not feeling pregnant anymore.

I don't think it's any cause for her to start worrying. I'm crossing fingers toes and everything else that all goes well with the scan!!!

I don't know about the lines being fainter, but as for the not feeling pregnant, i have felt like that since 10 weeks (before that i just had a bit of nausea and some of the usually aches and pains) just get a bit more tired these days. Fingers crossed everythings ok for your sister

I can imagine she's scared.

I felt the same at 12 weeks... the sickness and everything was wearing off, but I couldn't feel the baby yet, so you have nothing there to remind you you're pregnant. If that makes sense.

Hopefully her scan will come back ok :) Its always a worry though when you have to wait for things to start happening.

xxx

Please let us know how her scan went today :)

The midwife struggled to find my uterus last week when I was just 13 weeks. Then she used a doppler to search for the heartbeat and couldn't find it for ages. She was just on the verge of giving up when she found it for about 3 seconds and then it was gone again. After she went I got a bit worried so got my doppler out and found the heartbeat nearly straight away. SOmetime midwifes are not good at calming your nerves about pregnancy.

I'm not sure it is always possible to easily feel the uterus at 12 weeks. As it's her first baby aswell they say the uterus comes out of the pelvis slightly later than with subsiquent pregnancies.

As someone has already said she may feel a loss in symptoms because of her being worried about miscarriage. Also if she's reaching 12 weeks sypmtoms tend to die off a bit then as the placenta is starting to take over.

I hope everything's ok :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->