Is reaching bad in early pregnancies

rockstarlove9

Reaction score
So I'm pretty short and find my self constantly for one thing or another I'm just wondering if that puts my baby at any risk. I've noticed my upper abs are starting to become sore and now I'm wondering if I'm putting strain on my baby.

I don't think it's strain in your baby so much as your body. But if you're getting sore that's your body's way of saying I don't like doing this please stop. Can you get a small step just to give you a few inches? I reach occasionally but most things are within my reach in my house because I live alone haha so only stuff I don't need is up high

You are fine so long as you are not in a lot of pain. Baby is well protected. One of my best friends is a yoga teacher and let me tell you, she did a lot of stretching and reaching upwards, sidewards, backwards etc on a daily basis all 9 months of her pregnancy. She also weight lifted and continued running. Baby was as healthy as they come, as was Mum who pinged right back into shape! (Not jealous at all :) )

The gradual pain is most likely just because all your muscles are loosening up and stretching to accomdate baby and that weirdly really hurts!

No, but get yourself a grabber (reach tool) anyway because straining your ab muscles can cause problems for YOU (which won't affect the pregnancy). These things are amazing! I love them for pregnancy because I get SPD and cannot reach the floor so easily even now at 18 weeks. I use mine to reach things high and low, as we store things up to the top of our 9-foot ceilings in the laundry room and at the top of our 9-stairs linen closet (medications and things we don't want the kids to get into!).

I bought the Ettore 49036 Grip'n Grab Reach Tool, 32-Inch on Amazon for 17 bucks, and if the kids don't get their hands on it (I'm on my fourth.....), it will last and lifts up to 5 lbs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->