Is sex safe?

wrapunzel

mama of four
Reaction score
TMI TMI TMI

I'M NOT KIDDING

my man is well endowed (over 8 inches) while I am petite

We had sex last night, very gentle on purpose and I refused to go on my tummy as he prefers because the way my cervix tilts, he slams right into it when I'm rolled over.

Tan/brown cm today. No cramping or anything, but still...

I had a miscarriage many years ago that started while I was having vigorous sex so I'm terrified.

Yes, it is safe. There are many articles you can look up that say even if your partner is well-endowed they do not come close to hurting the baby. The baby is protected.

I had lots of sex in 1st tri (and still do in 2nd!) but during the first tri i did have brown cm afterwards. Which is also normal. As long as it is not bloody/pink, that is when to call the doctor.

Thanks for responding. Did you have brown cm after every time? Was it, ummm, energetic sex or more low-key?

Yes, in the beginning like week 6/7 every time we had sex there was always brown cm. He was always on top so I would say it was vigorous.

But you didn't have brown cm from conception to 6 weeks?

No, I was going through some infertility cycles so we didn't start having sex again until i was about 6/7 weeks pregnant.

It's safe unless the Dr says not to. Like in the case of a subchorionic hematoma or something like that. If you are that worried about it you could do other things and hold off on sex until your first ultrasound!

It's safe, try not to worry. I have read recently that it is common to spot aftereards too x

Thanks dears. I read up on it and it said to stop having sex if you "bleed" every time, but does brown cm count as bleeding?

Brown is old blood, so could be leftover from implantation or it could be sex is irritating your cervix a little and causing it to bleed. Sex is generally safe, unless you are specifically told to avoid it.
With all three of my children I had bleeding/spotting early on. With our second sex was bringing it on and I had a couple of early scans as a result. They said it was likely caused by sex since it only seemed to happen after but if we hadn't done anything there wasn't any bleeding, and lay off it until things calm down IF it was worrying me. So they weren't saying it wasn't safe, in fact they said the opposite, and it was simply personal preference and if I felt happier leaving sex out of the equation for a while.
I think if you have a history of miscarriage then perhaps it would be best to avoid anything potentially aggravating things but generally speaking sex is safe

I always get spotting after sex throughout my first trimesters. My doctor says to wait until the bleeding/spotting has stopped for a full 24 hours before resuming sexual activity, but it's safe.

Thank you ladies. I really want to stay intimate with my man this time around, you've all helped me feel a little safer. We will keep being gentle and no more than once every 24 hrs. Hopefully the brown was leftover implantation blood and it won't happen again tonight, I'm not sure I will be brave enough to keep having sex if I really do spot every time

Hi Cupcake. Cm was back to white last night so I was extra brave and we had sex this morning. No blood or even brown again! I feel a lot better about this pregnancy now, both in terms of it being viable and being able to keep my relationship strong through it.

This is wonderful news! What a relief for you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->