is she contispated

princessellie

Pregnant with #3
Reaction score
since i started weaning leyla her poo has gone from being that orange runny stuff to like little hard marbles...does that mean shes constipated or is it just because shes being weaned? she seems to be struggling to poo and then this tiniest bit comes out, she doesnt like to drink water and im reluctant to give her juice because of the sugar, is there anything else i can give her? i have been giving her gripe water and it used to work in the past but i think shes too far gone now for a little bit of gripe to make any difference

x

When Edward became constipated this week we introduced prunes to his diet. We also have put a little bit of brown sugar in his water (on advice of the Dr.) and I haven't given him cereal in a few days, just till things get moving again.

According to my Pediatrician it is safe (he's the one that suggested it)

I put about 1 tsp into 1 cup of boiled water, then offered it to Edward after every solid meal in his sippy cup. I did it for a couple days. His poop is now softer so I'm going to just see if the prunes will keep it good.

Nuggets that arehard to pass sounds like constipation. Finn poos are about the consistancy of a cow pat :sick: an orange cow pat! Can you not get her to take water at meal times?

Definatly sounds like constipation, maybe try some pure orange mixed in her water or some blended prunes & high fibre foods ?x

no she refuses water, i tried her with a little bit of brown sugar in today but she still wouldnt have it, i thought it was cos i was giving her it in her sippy cup but i give her it in a bottle today and she didnt want to know lol

i dont mind giving her fresh orange juice, just dont want her on the dilute stuff, how much orange juice should i give? and its just the tropicana stuff isnt it, not from concentrate, i presume without bits?

x

yep tropicana pure orange not from concontrate should help hun, with or without bits, she will prob prefer without bits x

i have got her taking water now anyway, she still refuses it from the beaker though haha, will only have it if i give her it in a bottle, she thinks shes still a baby haha

how much orange juice should i put in? i dont just put pure orange juice in her beaker surely? its diluted isnt it?

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->