is SMA iron fortified?

bababas

Reaction score
hi does anyone know if SMA is ironfortified? it doesnt say, but the can is translated into my language and says it is not iron fortified. just wondering if it is correct. i am using SMA gold

Thank you

The website says it's nutritionally complete. It's VERY rare to find a formula that does not have enough iron unless you seek out low iron formula.

https://www.smanutrition.co.uk/SMA-...st-Infant-Milk/Product/tabid/600/Default.aspx

thank you. i was wondering the same. how could they translate the can wrongly.

I have found sometimes things get lost. Like the translation doesn't have an exact match so instead of seeking out someone who speaks the language who could give a like word\term they leave it off or use a word which seems silly in context.

well the exact words were ...
CAUTION this formula is not iron fortified. after 4months you need to add iron from other sources of food for your baby.

very confusing. i think i will call the healthcare now and ask there.

Yes, I'd check if you are abroad. Rules may be different where you are. But I think in the UK formula has to be iron fortified.

i called my healthcare, and they do not agree with this translation. they say SMA GOLD is fine until 6 months concerning the iron. i will write those translaters an email. they have a contact email and complain to them. I compared the iron of SMA gold to NAN2 and it is almost the same. im very disappointed about their translation. i mean they added that sentence so they did not even translate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->