Is the Tripp Trapp highchair worth the price

dom85

Mum of 2, 3rd on the way
Reaction score
Hi ladies, just sticking my foot in the door. I'm not weaning yet but starting to look at highchairs that will be good for BLW, good thing I'm looking now as well as I've seen the Tripp Trapp highchair which looks really good but is expensive :wacko:

There seem to be quite a few copies of it, the Mothercare 'Adjust with me' looks pretty similar but I'm wondering what experience you have with them and if the Tripp Trapp is really worth the price or if the alternatives are good quality?

I don't have the Tripp Trapp so can't comment but we have the BabyDan and it's brilliant, I'd definitely recommend it. Same idea and a good bit cheaper.

https://www.kiddicare.com/wcsstore/ConsumerDirect/images/catalog/hcsbbdwoodblued/hcsbbdwoodblued_l.jpg

Having seen the Mothercare one in the flesh I really like it, but we couldn't afford it and we don't have the space for yet another piece of 'Earl-iture' lol. We opted for a booster seat instead of a traditional highchair. It attaches to your dining chair, you can get ones that recline if you would prefer and it can be folded to take to relatives etc. Ours was £35 from Mothercare....we're yet to use it for him eating (only 16 weeks) but he's been 'joining us' for dinner for about a week and he loves it. It also has a tray for toys or for use as a traditional hughchair if needs be.

Just my alternative there. I would love a Tripp Trapp or something of that ilk and we may invest once we've moved as the booster will still get plenty of use I'm sure lol.

We have the Tripp Trapp and I do love it. BUT it was a gift, and I'm not sure I'd have spent *that* much on it as it's a big outlay. My brother and sister in law gave us it as they have once each for my nephew and niece, who are now 4 and 2 and a half, and when I was pregnant I commented on how much I like them. They are wonderful for them as they've grown and I can see they really are pieces of furniture that will last *years*. That's what convinced me, as well as the fact that ours fits perfectly with the style of our dining table and chairs. I like knowing that it's not something we'll need to find storage for once Adam has grown out of needing the actual highchair; however if course if we have another baby we'll need to buy another, as we wouldn't be passing it down any time soon.

Yes, yes, yes! I would say go for a Tripp Trapp or a Baby Dan - I don't see any difference except price.
Everything is good about these chairs, they have no disadvantages IMO.
Kiddicare.com do a good deal that gets you the chair, the baby set, and the cushion for £160.00 and free delivery. Do get the cushion though - I can't see many babies under about a year being at the right height without one.
There are some on ebay if you're lucky enough to find one local to you.

Definitely keep an eye out on ebay. Including the cushion, the BabyDan is about £75 on Kiddicare for the chair and the cheapest cushion. I got the same from ebay for £25 for local collection :thumbup: Perfect condition too :D

I have a TrippTrapp and I LOVE it!!! But, I am in the same situation as Mary Jo - it was a gift from my bil... Still, I think its worth it, although Ive never seen that BabyDan one and it looks just like it!!
xx

Having seen the Mothercare one in the flesh I really like it, but we couldn't afford it and we don't have the space for yet another piece of 'Earl-iture' lol. We opted for a booster seat instead of a traditional highchair. It attaches to your dining chair, you can get ones that recline if you would prefer and it can be folded to take to relatives etc. Ours was £35 from Mothercare....we're yet to use it for him eating (only 16 weeks) but he's been 'joining us' for dinner for about a week and he loves it. It also has a tray for toys or for use as a traditional hughchair if needs be.

Just my alternative there. I would love a Tripp Trapp or something of that ilk and we may invest once we've moved as the booster will still get plenty of use I'm sure lol.

Is the one Earl is sitting in in your pic the booster one? I'd thought about something like this as well as I dont have a huge amount of space. As it is, my dining table is pushed against the wall as there's not enough space for it to be out all the time.

How sturdy is it? My dining table and chairs are second hand so not the best and just wondering if a booster will be ok on them.

My local Mothercare is rubbish and mainly just has clothes so may have to make a trip across the water to Lakeside to have to look next week when half term is over.

Is the one Earl is sitting in in your pic the booster one? I'd thought about something like this as well as I dont have a huge amount of space. As it is, my dining table is pushed against the wall as there's not enough space for it to be out all the time.

How sturdy is it? My dining table and chairs are second hand so not the best and just wondering if a booster will be ok on them.

My local Mothercare is rubbish and mainly just has clothes so may have to make a trip across the water to Lakeside to have to look next week when half term is over.

Yep, that's the one lol. He's everso comfy in it and it straps to the seat really firmly- I can lift the seat (obviously not with Earl in it lol) and tip it and the seat doesn't move. I've popped a towel underneath to catch any drips, spills etc and it seems to work well. I researched chairs a lot and this kind of alternative is often recommended for BLW as it's a way of getting them to the table, but with the tray I think it will be a bit more versatile., Plus not as expensive :thumbup: lol They do our one with a cover at £35, or a plastic one for £30. Only 1 critcism is the straps are too long for him at the moment so I just pop the tray on to make sure he's not too loose. He can't climb out at the moment so I just keep an eye on him.

Ah, thanks hun, think I'll go for that then. I go back to work after Easter which is around the time I imagine he'll be getting ready for weaning and my mums having him 3 days a week so it'll be easy for her to get it on her chairs as well without having to store a highchair. Luckily my Mothercare vouchers have come through this week from the Childrens Mutual so I won't have to save after all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->