Is there a I can't swaddle club?

Duffy

Reaction score
LOL, seri I cannot swaddle my daughter and keep bringing her to my mom to swaddle her. Neither can my boyfriend hahaha we are hopless her lil arms keep poking out and it gets her into a right state of mind, until grandma to the rescue comes to her aid. :thumbup:

Who else is having a hard time keeping tiny little hands inside?

P.S I had her last weekend December 6, my winter baby!

I'm exactly the same. I swaddle her at 8pm and by 10pm she is waking up with her arms by her face poking out haha! DISASTER!

My LO never tolerated being swaddled. The nurses in the hospital would swaddle him, hand him to me, come back 30 min later and look at me like I was daft for unswaddling him. But I never did! He always worked himself free. :haha:

He never, not for one minute, learned to tolerate it. Would ALWAYS kick free, no matter how well swaddled he was. :shrug:

So was mine! Oliver would moan if his hands were contained! From day one! I used to have to swaddle him underneath his arms as he'd still get cold. Oh well, he was happy!

Euan absolutely hated being swaddled too. We had a similar situation in the hospital, when he worked himself free every time after the nurses did it. We tried it at home and he did not mind his legs being swaddled but he had to have both arms or at least one free so he could suck his thumb. It drove him nuts and we stopped after a few days.

I never dealt with the blankets and went straight to swaddleme. It's got velcro and is specifically sewn to keep their arms right by their sides. Works wonders.

I was the same :lol: Stan always had to do the swaddling :haha: :rofl:

Oh good god I'm so happy I'm not the only one lol, gosh it makes me feel horrible sometimes. My baby girl loves to be swaddled she cries when she not so I have a funny feeling its going to be a big adjustment when we start letting her hands go a bit. LOL.

My LO also hates having his arms bound - he sleeps with both arms above his head LOL... Which makes sense since every time we had a scan, there was LO with both hands above his head... so it must be comfy for him! Even in his sling he likes arms up :haha:
xx

Good I'm glad I'm not the only one, lol!

i think you either have the nac or you don't, in the ward all the woman (who were first time mummy's and i was on my second) were asking how i managed to keep the baby's arms in the blanket lol. I think i learned from my mum after i had my daughter she showed me. I think the secret is to have the blanket up around the back of the neck so your not exposing too much shoulders, to tuck the blanket under his back and i always put the arms by his side.

I have stopped doing it now as his arms have stopped waving in front of his face and he has stopped scratching his face so i just wrap the blanket round his tummy area.

I couldn't do it to save my life, he'd always end up escaping.

I bought a Miracle Blanket on Ebay - it onlt came today but he's just slept for 5 hours straight in it and hadn't moved at all. Have a look at them xx

^^ I was just going to recommend the Miracle Blanket too.

We didn't swaddle Freya at all - to be honest I'd never even heard about it back then. Guess we got lucky though because she was a great sleeper - slept thru the night from about 7 or 8 weeks.

My friend has been given a Miracle Blanket for her wee boy and has been singing its praises ever since. Super easy to use, doesn't even have buttons or velcro or anything.

luisa would not sleep full stop without being swadled until she was aboput 6 months old :dohh:

i could never do it properly but oh did it perfectly.. if she broke free in the night i would have to wake oh up to go re swaddle her!

morgan still wont sleep without being swaddled and i was useless so i bought a miracle blanket from amazon they are so easy to use and kept hands in place :) x

Wow, I am amazed so many babies won't sleep without being swaddled! That is so alien to me! My LO sleeps with his arms thrown above his head and his legs thrown out ina big "V". :haha:

I haven't tried letting LO sleep without swaddling... I'm pretty sure she'll just startle herself awake and scratch the crap out of her face. Her nails are so sharp. I'll start weaning her off the swaddle at 3 months though. I think that's about time they grow out of being startled??

I'm not sure when they grow out of it but when she ready to give it up I'll let her, mean while daddy and grandma are going to swaddle her lol.

I did buy a swaddle for dummies but when I put her it easy as pie it went up over her mouth to her nose, it was too big. So we set it aside til she gets a bit bigger she loves being swaddled I'll go check out the miricle one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->