Is there a "Nice" Age Gap?

lillysmum

Mum of 2 cheeky monkeys
Reaction score
I hate it when people say "that's a nice age gap" because i'd like to think that no matter how hard it might be with a toddler and new baby or awkward it might be when it's been a while since having a new baby it's a personal circumstance.

The only person who knows is you and no matter what you cope.

What does everyone else think about this? Do you have your own personal preferred age gap?

I think it's all up to you what you think is good for you and your family. My brother and i are not quite a year and a half apart, my mother was PG with me before my brother was even a year old! I wouldn't change it for the world, my brother and i have a very close relationship. My DH has a younger brother who is 11 1/2 years younger than him! They too get along nicely and his little brother looks up to him very much. Age gaps don't bother me at all, somehow no matter the age difference, it all seems to work out in the end and you're all family and happy!

i have always thought about 18 months is a nice age gap. there is 3 years between me and my brother and growing up we never got on. of course its different now we are both grown up and we both have children.

there is 18 months between Colin and his brother and they are so close and always have been, they even look similer.

doesnt bother me at all Id say each family is different ..... my bro and older sis are 18 months apart then 7 yrs i came along then another 7 yrs my little sis arrived me and my little sis and big bro get on great but only my bro seems to get on with my older sister:rofl: also wen i was about 4 my perents adopted my other bro (same age as my older sis) and we get on great.

as for me my ds1 was 4 (nearly 5) wen i had ds2 and now ive got my new LO ds1 is 12 and ds2 is 7 so as ya can see i like big gaps :dohh: lol

Me and my sister,4 years.

When we were younger,we had times when we clashed.especially when she became a teenager and I was a 9 year old girl.But there would also be times when we wouldn't mind at all.

We are now very close.
But I think that when two siblings don't get along it can be caused by age gap but also their different personalities...

No age gap guaranties you that the kids will get along...

I have no idea what age gap we want our kids to be. We've always said let's see how the first one goes and we'll decide from there :D

I have been thinking about age gaps too. I think I'd like to go for 2-3 years. But we'll see what happens. I would hope that they r close enough in age t be good friends for each other.

I guess everyone feels different about it. I had a 3 year age gap with my sister and we are very close. Pierre has a half sister 8 years older than him and I would like a large age gap before having another because I don't think I could cope with a toddler and a baby but an older child is more understanding.

Well between me and my brother there is just under a 3 year gap, when he was a baby my mam said it was great as i'd care for him and snuggle with him, as soon as he hit 3 or 4 the trouble began. Basically we fought...alot. And I remember me at 16 years of age and him at 13 standing at the bus stop waiting for the school bus arguing and hitting eachother :blush:
We get on abit more now, but we still have arguements.
I think if you have a bigger age gap, like 8 years (taking this from an example of my friends) the older child will definatley respect the younger one more and vice versa and you'l have a lot less problems with fighting etc.
But i suppose it just depends on family to family...

There is 23 months between my youngest 2 and its great, Its the closest gap between any of my kids and I think its easier as you are in baby-mode as it is.

I have a 5 mth old & am WTTC in December but I would love to start in september - I fear that is to close....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->