Is there ever a good time to have a baby?

alicea

PCOS
Reaction score
hi, i was just reading other peoples threads on here and suddenly this question popped into my head! is it just me or is there never a Good time to have a baby? I mean even if you were ttc it probably would happen at the most inconveniant time, no1 will ever probably be in the best financial situation, but wat are we meant to do?? delay having a baby until we are all living perfect lives??? mmmm i dunno just a thought, i just personally think wenever it happens it happens and u can always put off buying a house and things but u cant really keep putting off having a baby! there will be a point in ur life where u cant put it off any longer and by then it could be too late.... sorry about the essay lol just a few things ive been thinking about lately xx

anyone else think the same???

I think there are "good" times to have a baby. I.E. when certain things are in place that mean that you can provide a stable and loving home for a child. However, there is never a PERFECT time to have a baby - things may be good, but they can never be perfect. The unforseen is just that, unforseen, so you cannot possibly have a plan for everything. Such is the nature of life.

i think this is a really good point and i've asked myself the same kinda question sooo many times! while there are a few things that i'd like to get done/out the way before we ttc i've come to the conclusion that whatever happens we'll cope! my mum always says if you wait until you can afford children you'll never have them and i think that's a pretty true statement.

thanks beany2, i agree! myself and OH are at uni studying Adult Nursing so are both going to be getting a fantastic career! just i dont think i can wait til i finish! if it happens it happens! i will definately make sure i go bk to finish my final year! i worked fulltime before uni and even then it never felt like the right time, oddly now feels more right then when i was in fulltime work!

xx

i things times can always be better than other times, but theres always reasons not to have a baby. i just figure that if the relationship is stable, and the financial situation fairly stable then everything else just falls into whatever place its going to fall into when the baby comes xxxx

I think there are "good" times to have a baby. I.E. when certain things are in place that mean that you can provide a stable and loving home for a child. However, there is never a PERFECT time to have a baby - things may be good, but they can never be perfect. The unforseen is just that, unforseen, so you cannot possibly have a plan for everything. Such is the nature of life.

Very well said. I think everybody should have SOME standards they want to achieve before ttc. Emotinal stability and a working relationship I think are essential and so is some degree of financial security. After that I guess it's up to individuals what they consider essential before bringing a baby into the world but I'd agree that a lot of things can be achieved once baby's here.

I agree, no "right time", it's more whenever DH and really ready. I stopped stressing over what we "should" have done before having another baby and just go with it. There's always going to be something lurking around the corner.

haha we all tell ourselves lets just do it! but then we're all here in "waiting" ttc for reasons. i agree though there's never a time when everything is perfect and who am i to tell you what to do with your life, but i would say uni and a baby probably arent a good idea if you can avoid it.

Have you got long to go?

I think everyone's right - there are probably 'good' times and 'not so good' times, but those will be different for every individual. I'm just finishing my post-grad degree so am holding off for a few months...BUT only because we're moving back to Canada at the end of the year and the main reason stopping us starting earlier than expected right now is that I have to be able to get on a transatlantic flight at Christmas.

I think everyone feels ready at different times and things that will be important for some, won't for others. For example, we don't own a house, we rent a flat and will likely be renting for a while when we relocate. But I'm not willing to put off ttc any longer, so that has become less important than I thought it would be.

I do agree with the idea that there is no perfect time at all. Life is just life, and I think sometimes it's easy to get caught up in the idea of 'getting somewhere' instead of 'enjoying the journey'. I know it sounds cheesy but I really do believe that, even if I don't remember to do it all the time!! lol!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->