is there really a good/perfect time to TTC?

88stone

Reaction score
I'm not on the pill since Dec and we are not fully trying (I bought a basal thermometer and we aren't using any form of birth control.) I'm not wanting any stress from my OH. But we just bought a crossover (needed a four door vehicle).
Everyone in our family has told us there's never a good time to have a baby you just gotta do it if that's what you want . anyone find truth in this? I don't really want to start taking BC until its paid off :S

Yes, I agree. For most people, there probably will never be a "perfect time" to TTC. My DH's family started asking us when we were going to TTC as soon as they found out that he was going to propose. My response was, "Ask me after I have a ring on my finger." When they asked me again the next day, after he proposed and I had the ring on my finger, I said, "We're not married yet." When they asked us at our wedding, we told them that it wasn't going to happen while we only had a one-bedroom apartment. They asked us again a few months later, after we moved into a two-bedroom apartment, and we told them that we wanted to wait until we bought a house. A year and a half later, we bought a house, and we started to seriously ask each other about when we should TTC. Both of us really wanted to have kids, but we could still come up with more things that we wanted to accomplish before we had kids. At the time, the main things were that we wanted to save some more money and make some renovations on the house. We've made a lot of progress on both of those items. The thing is, however, that we'll always have some sort of goal that we want to achieve, with or without kids. Once we achieve one goal, we'll set another - it's just the way that we are (and I don't think that we're alone in that respect). We had to realize that there never will be a "perfect time to TTC," when we don't have something else that we aspire to do. So, a little over a year ago, we decided that if we ever wanted to have kids, that we'd just have to fit TTC into the mix.

Yes, I agree. For most people, there probably will never be a "perfect time" to TTC. My DH's family started asking us when we were going to TTC as soon as they found out that he was going to propose. My response was, "Ask me after I have a ring on my finger." When they asked me again the next day, after he proposed and I had the ring on my finger, I said, "We're not married yet." When they asked us at our wedding, we told them that it wasn't going to happen while we only had a one-bedroom apartment. They asked us again a few months later, after we moved into a two-bedroom apartment, and we told them that we wanted to wait until we bought a house. A year and a half later, we bought a house, and we started to seriously ask each other about when we should TTC. Both of us really wanted to have kids, but we could still come up with more things that we wanted to accomplish before we had kids. At the time, the main things were that we wanted to save some more money and make some renovations on the house. We've made a lot of progress on both of those items. The thing is, however, that we'll always have some sort of goal that we want to achieve, with or without kids. Once we achieve one goal, we'll set another - it's just the way that we are (and I don't think that we're alone in that respect). We had to realize that there never will be a "perfect time to TTC," when we don't have something else that we aspire to do. So, a little over a year ago, we decided that if we ever wanted to have kids, that we'd just have to fit TTC into the mix.

This was great to read. I am in the situation where I've been with my OH for 7 years (although we're only 23) and we've wanted a baby for at least the past 4 years but always put it off because of factors... Right now I've graduated university, he has a full time job and I have a part time well paid job that I can do from home, although we only live in a small city apartment we are moving into a house in May. Yes there are holidays I want to go on that make me go "oh gosh, we should wait til after that" but to be honest if I get pregnant we'll move the vacation up so we go when I'm in the middle of my pregnancy OR we'll just go after and manage with a baby. It's not the end of the world, things tend to work out in the end. I've been off BC since December as well and I feel like this could be my month... AF is now 2 days late. We are not trying not preventing so it would be a little surprise for OH!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->