is this a positive OPK or not yet?

LLbean

Reaction score
didn't use these before so not sure how dark is dark LOL

HELP!

opk.JPG

Close enough...go get him, Winnie! :winkwink:

When did you test?

those were today...at like 12:30 and the other one a few minutes ago... lets say 8pm

I think you will hit your peak surge overnight; if you test again in the morning, you will probably be picking up the tail end of it.

Sometimes I get really long surges.... 2-3 days in a row...wonder wth that is about?

Could be normal...could be PCOS....

https://www.usmomssite.com/long-lh-surge

Causes of a Long Lh Surge

Often times your health care professional will assume that having a long Lh surge is completely normal and there is no need to worry. Often times, your doctor will be right about this- it usually is normal to have a long Lh surge. The only time having a long Lh surge would not be the result of a medical condition would be in the case of having PCOS. Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) is a hormonal disorder that affects about 6 to 10% of women today. This syndrome causes your ovaries to produce higher than normal levels of androgens, which are male hormones. This can interfere with your egg production. The eggs that the ovaries normally produce will develop into cysts, which are little sacs filled with liquid. Instead of being released during ovulation, as an egg would be, the cysts build up in the ovaries. You may want to look up some more symptoms besides just having a long Lh surge to rule this cause out.
-

I have had a PCOS rule out, but I always come back to it whenever my surge is not textbook perfect.

I need to rule it out...even though I don't really have any other symptoms...
Did your RE test for it?

My OB did it; I don't have any symptoms of it and frankly, that is the only really long surge I have ever had...I normally carry them for two days. If you have been getting regular check-ups, your doctor probably would've detected it.

Sometimes I get really long surges.... 2-3 days in a row...wonder wth that is about?
I get a 2-3 day surge each month. I had a MC in April and the Radiologist who looked at the ultrasound (he's a friend of DH) said that my ovaries looked great. So no PCOS for me. :)

Yup, I have 2-3 day surges too, and I have normal cycles and conceived the first month we tried in 2009! Can just be a variation of normal.

LLBean, this is going to be darkly positive by morning! :sex: 2-3 days in a row now and you're set!!!

Yup , they look good hun , go get that egg.

I think tomorrow it will be darker, but go get him anyway.

I get a weakish positive for one day, and a proper dark one for one day.

Oh good....nice timing...When does he leave again?

Thanks heh heh, he's home for almost 2 weeks, that reminds me I've gotta go POAS (opk stick that is) and see if I'm coming on heat yet LOL

Since he's stuffed up my sleep I can't rely on my temps!

Oh good....nice timing...When does he leave again?

Thanks heh heh, he's home for almost 2 weeks, that reminds me I've gotta go POAS (opk stick that is) and see if I'm coming on heat yet LOL

Since he's stuffed up my sleep I can't rely on my temps!

Me either:cry::cry::cry:

And I SOOOO needed an accurate reading this morning...Since he has messed up my sleep and my temp, he's going to have to deal with my wrath today....

Indigo- you could go ahead and take a temp just to get a feel for it and then discard it if it looks too far off. I find that I generally know about where it should be, so if you see anything dramatic, you'll know it's wonky.

Indigo- you could go ahead and take a temp just to get a feel for it and then discard it if it looks too far off. I find that I generally know about where it should be, so if you see anything dramatic, you'll know it's wonky.

Well, I am not due to temp until 8:30...it is 7:30 here and I have been up for hours...i know it will be too high, but I will take it anyway for the hell of it....I was sooo consistent with temping this month, too.....:nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->