Is this a preemie thing??

pinkneon

Birth mommy xx
Reaction score
My beautiful princess doesn;t seem to have any fat on her!! She's not at all chunky. Considering she's not mobile and she often eats a lot, I'd have thought she'd have more fat on her! My friend's baby is 5months old (she was full term) and is chunky and definitely fatter than E. Her HV said that her baby would loose some of the fat once she was mobile, but E has never had any fat really. When she was born she had a massive belly compared to her tiny, skinny legs, but some of that was cos she was preemie apparently, and some was cos she had an umbilical hernia. I'm not sure it's something to worry about - though now looking at my friend's baby I guess I'm panicking - but I just wondered if it was a preemie thing??

I think it might be as my lo has never had the rolls of fat that term babies seem to have. She also had the big tummy thing and still does a bit. My lo is mobile but it hasn't made her lack of fat any worse she has more or less stayed the same proportion she was.

My LO was 13 weeks early and is now 10 months old and has only recently started to get chunky legs but thats about it, oh also little belly too. I think all babies are different whether they are full term or not.

I wouldn't worry hun xx

Lex hasnt got an ounce of fat on her, but tori (term) has got lil chunky bits. Think it depends on the baby really, but obviously prematurity is a factor!

Oliver has only got chubby cheeks and a little bit of a belly, he's still got his hernia though. His legs and arms are still quite skinny, his legs make his nappy look massive.

I think it varies from baby to baby no matter if they're term or preemie. :) Has your ped showed a concern? The main thing is that the baby shows a consistency in weight gain on their growth chart. My preemies did get some fat on them eventually but it took awhile. :)

My preemie is 5 and is still skinny, never had an ounce of fat on her, yet for her height she is off the charts...she was a skinny baby too, and has followed through with that in her years, she never had a chubby stage.

My termie is...a chunk!!! And has fat rolls.

Just popping in and this caught my eye. My LO was not preemie, but she has never had any chub on her, she was born 5lbs 13oz so that might be why, but she's always been very slim.

My term daughter was the skinny one- she never did get that cute dimple thing on the back of her hands or fat anywhere for that matter, STILL a skinny minnie at 15! My preemies are FAT! :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->