Is this AF?

SarahJane

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone will be able to help?

Evelyn was born on 3rd April at 22+5 after her heart stopped beating a few days earlier (I was induced so it was a pretty natural labour), I bled for about 12 days and then the bleeding stopped.

Last Friday, I started spotting (3 weeks 5 days after birth) and have been spotting ever since (not enough to even need a pad) but just every time I wipe. I have also had dreadful PMT!!

Does anyone know if this is AF as I am getting really frustrated with my body? I wanted to use the cbfm this month to check my cycle and now I feel like I can't as I don't even know when to start it.:cry:

Any help would be appreciated xx

on our other thread i ssaid i was lucky to have had my AF after 5 weeks, i completely didnt click your evelyn was born few weeks after Charlie lol.... i weould say you could still have couple of weeks till AF arrives....

charlie i was blleeding all the after birth for about 3 weeks (odd days little blood or only few spots then enxt day would build up again) then i had a week and bit oof no blood at all then my period started at around 5 weeks after birth xxx

Thanks MM - just stressing as never had spotting before and bleeding totally stopped for nearly 2 weeks in between :-(

Sxxx

i would say at moment it sounds normal.... but i stiill hope this AF turns up for you ssoon so you know whats what... :( after reading the threads aboput others AFs taking months to show up after their losses i didnt expect mine to arrive so soon....

as sad as it sounds i always wonder perhaps your body grives and knows that it should still be pregnant so in someways holds off periods because techinically you shouldnt be having them.... if that makes sense...

xxx

Hi sarahjane, so sorry for your loss of Evelyn. Have you had you hcg checked at all? It'll be a real good indicator as to af or not. I bled 25 days after my erpc and was sure it was af as was heavy for a few days then spotting for about 9 days after, but my blood hcg was still high so it was not a cycle (so charing cross hospital told me) and was body clearing out and hormone changes. Sorry if this isn't much help but you def can bleed after a break and it not be af. Hope af does show up soon for you. Big hugs.x

In my tradition, having posted this and then done some gardening I now have full on AF!! I am so chuffed as it is only 4 weeks 2 days since I lost her.:happydance:

Thanks for the reply Cornish. I am pretty certain it is AF now, I did a pg test when I stopped bleeding 2 weeks ago and it was totally negative which indicates all HCG had gone even then. I think one of the drugs they gave me in hospital after I gave birth was an anti hormone drug plus I know I had one to supress my milk and tell my body I was no longer pregnant. (I can't really remember though as I seemed to be popping pills every 2 minutes for the 2 days I was in and having more pessaries than I have ever imagined!!)

At least I have a start point for the CBFM now. It may not work but I do get to POAS every day so I can feel like I am doing something!!:haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->