Is this CC?

StonesWife

Momma & Wife WTT
Reaction score
My LO's bedtime goes like this:

8-830ish Bath, Boob, Butt change, and Book
Then around 9 we rock her till she's sleepy and dozing then put her in her crib. If she wakes we go in and soothe her by patting her and putting back in her paci. We don't pick her up once she's been laid down. We will pat and "shhhhhh" her till she doezes back or. We do this till she stays asleep, as long as it takes (although we're a week in and she's needing sothed less and less)

So is this CC?

I would say no. I think true cc is where your baby falls asleep w/out you in the room to comfort them. That yes you go back in to comfort - but you leave before they doze. Putting her down after rocking and she is dozing vs. awake and her putting herself to sleep is not quite the same either.

Its whatever works for you though - if its working for you then great! Who cares what it is or isnt called.

Added: We recently did cc with Megan - we do normal bedtime routine - but we put her down completly awake. She cried at first & we would go in and comfort but then leave within 1-2 minutes and she wasnt sleeping when we were in there. She then would put herself to sleep with us not in the room. She now goes in her crib awake & goes to sleep w/out the crying.

I was just wondering... I'm not really sure what all the CC/CIO entails. Its working for us and thats all that matters lol Whatever gets me some sleep with as little screaming as possible! lol

I think we may try that once we get this routine down. Right now she's only 3 months so I think I want her to be a little older when we try that, although I'm hoping we don't have to that maybe she'll just move into putting herself to sleep. Last night we didn't have to go back in at all after hubby laid her down. And we don't do that in the middle of the night, we just put her back in her bed after feeding/changing her.

Yes - Megan was over a year when we did cc. And it was a last resort. I didnt want to do it. We used to do pickup/putdown & she could settle on her own for a while. Since thanksgiving she decided she wouldnt sleep and wouldnt unless rocking her - so I went back to rocking. It was getting worse - and none of us were sleeping. So we did the cc.

CC is where you put them down awake & they can put themselves to sleep (with or without crying but usually starts w/ crying the first few times). But you go back in to comfort them w/out picking them up at intervals til they fall asleep when you arent in the room. So 5min, 10min, 15min, etc.

CIO - is where you put them in the crib awake - you dont go back in at all - no matter how long they cry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->