Is this enough milk?

wookie3

Reaction score
My baby girl weighs just shy of 8lbs and is 3 weeks old.

She is still drinking 90ml/3oz of milk (Aptamil) every 2-3 hours or so.

Is this enough for her? Some people have said she should be drinking more?

Also, when she does drink quite a bit is leaking out the sides of her mouth and soaking the muslin square under her chin! What does this mean? She is using the Tommee Tippee bottles and is teat number 1. She is sometimes a little bit sicky but not every time - does this mean I need to change formula as touch wood she is having no other issues like trapped wind or constipation etc.

Any ideas or advice welcome!

Heya. 3oz every 2-3 hours sounds fine to me.

We use TT bottles too and always use a muslin cloth as baby does tend to dribble milk. Its just a small annoyance so I have decided not to change bottles as she doesnt have any other issues with them (flow, wind etc). xxx

We had TT and swapped as more was coming out of LO's mouth than going in!! We now use avent. 3oz is fine my LO is 4 weeks and has anything between 3-5oz every 3-4hr xxx

Hi,

The Aptimal feeding guide states;
Up to 2 weeks - 90ml (3 Scoops)** 2 - 4 weeks - 120ml (4 Scoops)** 4 - 8 weeks - 150ml (5 Scoops)** 8 - 12 weeks - 180ml (6 Scoops)** 3 - 4 months - 180ml (6 Scoops)** 4 - 5 months - 210ml (7 Scoops)** 5- 6 months - 210ml (7 Scoops)** 7 - 12 months - 210ml (7 Scoops)*These guide amounts of the packaging are just rough guides as to how much milk your baby will need at different ages, some babies will need more whereas others will need less.*

I always followed the feeding guide purely because my son had colic so was worried about underfeeding and overfeeding but you know your own baby. Is she showing any additional hunger signs or is she quite content?

BG

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->