Is this everything I need for labour etc for me?

firsttimer87

First-timer expecting
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Just doing my list for my part of the labour/hospital bag (we're having one for me and one for baby that can stay in the car until we need it) and can't think of what I'm missing. Can anyone help please as never done this before lol...

Holdall bag (obviously lol)
Maternity pads
breast pads
loose/nursing nightie
non-slip socks
headbands (i.ve got jaw length hair so no tying it up)
MP3 player/music etc
nipple cream
nursing bras
disposable knickers
snacks/drink etc
camera/phone

thats about as far as I've got now...
Thanks all :flower:

dressing gown incase your cold, can't think of anything else

I'd shove a pack of face wipes and a chapstick in there too as they can come in handy if your having a long labour.. And where clothes are concerned I'd pack a couple of pairs of loose trousers and a few pairs of normal pants incase you leak when you've had the baby the flow can be quite overwhelming at first but I'm sure as you get closer to the day you'll think of a few more bits I cant really think atm :wacko: But your list looks good :) xx

thanks ladies. have added those bits. Good point with face wipes etc, def gonna wnat those I think lol x

If you are planning to leave the baby's bag in the car until you need it, I would also include a nappy or 2 and then baby's first outfit (I chose a vest, baby gro and cardigan plus hat and scratch mitts) and then if you want a special blanket etc for him/her. If the baby arrives quickly and you havent had chance to get the second bag from the car, it would be handy to have bubbas first clothes! The midwifes dress baby for you too xx

yes the only other thing i can think of is pj's (loose ones) cos like charxxx said the bleeding is quite overwhelming and i felt much better with knickers and pj bottoms on, also get some normal BIG knickers lol i got quite a few pairs and just thew them away when i got home xx

Toothbrush/toothpaste... flannels... lil shampoo/cond... shower gel... anti-perspirant

If u go to the 3rd tri forum they certainly used to have a huge thread at the top of the page about what to pack. It had some great ideas of things I hadn't thought about ie carrier bags for dirty washing, drinking straws, bottle of ribena etc..

You might want a toothbrush. :)

Also, phone charger and, depending on your camera, extra batteries for the camera.

dont forget
shampoo
toothpate
dish wash soap for baby bottle incase and for your stuff
baby pampers

Drinking straw and huge (big enough to comfortably hold the ski sized mat. pads) black knickers. Also, helpful if PJ bottoms are black as not uncommon to leak through mat pads after birth.

some great ideas thanks ladies - esp the black PJ bottoms lol, def wouldnt have thought of it like that :blush: x

Labour Bag:
Nighties & Socks
Hair bobbins & brush
Toothpaste & Toothbrush, Facial wipes, Moisturiser, vaseline/lip balm
Glucose Sweets
Nursing Bra
Maternity pads
Dressing Gown & Slippers
Dark Towel
Coins for vending machines
Clothes for baby (Nappy, Vest, Sleepsuit, Hat )
Mist Spray
Flip Flops for shower

OH
Change of top
Camera
Mobile phone (off!), phone numbers
Change for car-park

Baby Bag:
5 Babygros/Sleepsuits
5 Vests
Bibs/Muslins
Cardigan
Scratch mitts & Socks & Hat
Blanket & Muslin squares
Cotton Wool
Baby Towel
Nappies (newborn sposies)

Stuff:
Big knickers
Maternity Sanitary towels
Breast pads
Nursing bras
Front opening nighties
Toiletries (shampoo, facial wipes, and roll on deodorant, basic make-up)
Tea tree oil great if you have stitches (3 drops in warm bath)
Arnica Tablets for bruising
Dark towels
Disinfectant wipes (for hospital toilets)
Phone Charger
Phone credit
Lansinoh cream if plannig on breastfeeding
Soother if planning on using one
Bottle of water with sports lid - useful if you have stitches

Coming Home:
Loose Jeans
Boots & Socks
Baby Car Seat
Outfit, Vest, Snugglesuit & Hat

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online