Is this Jinxing things ?

Bentley2008

Reaction score
Even though we wont be TTC until dec, Do you think its a bad idea to start buying little bits like wipes etc etc ?

DBF had testicle torsion so one of his man bits died and the other is stiched so we dont know for sure yet how things will work out for us.

Its so hard seeing all these babies everywhere, why can the credit crunch sod off :hissy:

Why not save the money for now, Rather then cluttering up space?? x

Yes I'd save the money - baby stuff will only upset you on a bad day.

I have an old account that has previously held just my holiday fund, but is now the baby fund. I put all my spare change in a piggy bank then pay it in, plus cheques from great aunts who still give me £10 every birthday/Xmas (even tho I'm 27!) and stuff like that - it all adds up, and then when bubba does finally appear I'm telling myself it'll be a whole bunch of free nappies, wipes, etc. Hopefully the crunch won't bite quite so hard the first few month this way :)

:hug:

i agree saving the money will be better and if you dont get pregant straight away seeing the baby things wont burt a damper on things

If you see a fantastic offer where you are saving a lot of money then go for it hun, as long as you and you OH are ok having it around the house. Especially as a lot of shops have been shutting down there are some real bargins to be had. I also think saving the money in a jar or a bank account is also a good idea.

xx

Personally i would save the money. Seeing the baby stuff would upset me too much i think xx

Hello,

Thanks for your replies, i think it might be best to just save the money in another account, that way we wont get disheartened if it doesnt happen straight away x

good plan hun
Then when you do get your bfp you will have plenty of time for bargin hunting xx

Yep, another one here who would save it - just think, it will be so much more fun shopping for little things when you know you are pregnant than just for "as and when" xxx

DBF had testicle torsion so one of his man bits died and the other is stiched so we dont know for sure yet how things will work out for us.

My DH had testicular torsion too so he only has one and one stitched. We got pregnant pretty fast the first time. We weren't even really trying. So good luck to you when your time comes. My Doc said it probably wouldn't make a difference since it only takes one strong swimmer to get there

My DH had testicular torsion too so he only has one and one stitched. We got pregnant pretty fast the first time. We weren't even really trying. So good luck to you when your time comes. My Doc said it probably wouldn't make a difference since it only takes one strong swimmer to get there

Thank you so much for this :hugs: , it really has reassured me, if you dont mind me asking how long ago did it happen to your DH? It happened about 8 years ago to my partner in work.

I was thinking about that yesterday as I was going through my baby wishlist on Amazon. I decided to just start saving the money in a new account. I had lumped our emergency/baby fund together but I decided to start a new one just for baby. So that's what I'll do.

I don't think is a matter of "jinxing" it I think it is more what if something happens you have then spent all that money - saving the money in an account that is going to earn you interest would be better xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->