Is this normal after stopping the pill?

xQuinnx

Reaction score
Hi ladies
I stopped taking birth control pills in December/January time. My first cycle was 28 days as it would have been on the pill, my second was 35 days which was normal for me before starting the pill. My last period was February and I haven't had one since! March I had lots of cramping at random times but no period, April I had no symptoms or period and this month has been more confusing! I started using OPKs which were positive about the time I would expect ovulation but still no period of BFP, all I had was a very scanty period on the day it was due.

Is this normal coming off the pill? I'm really starting to think I have something wrong with me. I also feel sad that as soon as I start TTC my periods stop :(
Thanks for your time x

Hi, I came off the pill in December and since then my periods have ranged from 26-30 days and have been so light I could only use one pad the whole period. It starts with spotting which is a brownish colour then half a day of light red bleeding then it stops. I went to the doctor last week as it was worrying me. She said that it can take upto 6 months for the pill to get out of your system and regulate etc.... I was getting one positive opk per cycle, however this month I have had 2 and I've been temping which shows I ovulated, so there is hope Hun.

I know it's hard, but your periods will return it just takes time. It's a shame that the doctors don't tell you these problems before you take the pill. Xxx

I was irregular and was put on the pill to help regulate my cycles. I came off the pill in nov '11 and since then my periods been coming every month but its a lot lighter than before the pill. It only lasts 3-4 days

Thank you both that really helped out my mind at ease. It's good to hear that actually this could just be the pill :) this has really helped me relax thank you again ^_^ x

No probs Hun, glad to be of help. Do you temp? It's my first month sticking to it religiously and find its helps me xxx

I also quit birth control in December. Had a 33 day cycle, followed by nothing for 90 days!! Then the next cycle was 47 days with lots of spotting, a week of real bleeding, and more spotting. So crazy! Hope we both even out soon!

I stopped the pill in Feb and I've had one period since that I had to induce with provera after 75 days. I'm now about to finish another round of provera so I can have another period. I don't believe I've started ovulating yet. It's so frustrating because we are wanting a baby so bad. I hope we all can regulate soon.

No probs Hun, glad to be of help. Do you temp? It's my first month sticking to it religiously and find its helps me xxx

No never temped, not quite sure how to do it if that makes sense?!

It is frustrating not to be regular but it's been a great support to hear all your stories. I hope we do all even out soon and get our BFPs ^_^ x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->