Is this normal bleeding following NVD?

klcuk3

Mummy to two Munchkins
Reaction score
I'm now day 11 post a straight forward vaginal delivery. I had a small second degree tear which is healing nicely and no signs of infection.

For the last few days about once a day I've been having a moderate bleed, no clots but it is red and smells funny. It doesn't last long and I feel a bit crampy prior to it. Otherwise I have no temperature, pain and the rest of the loss doesn't smell horrible.

Don't know whether to see the GP or not as have been discharged from the midwife last Friday.

Does anyone else's blood loss smell a bit weird?

Mine smelled a bit weird. But not really bad or anything.

My midwife said if you have an infection or anything is wrong etc then that smell would leave you in no doubt at all. Nor anyone else around you! Lol.

I had two gushes (enough to soak through a maternity pad) at 8 days and 9 days and was readmitted to hospital, but I'd also passed big clots (size of my fist)and was ridiculously pale (my HB was 8.2). Before that I had several smaller episodes of bleeding and the midwife told me each time to take it easy as exerting myself would increase my blood loss. Anyway, my advice would be speak to your doctor or even contact the midwives for advice - I was told this was ok even after I was discharged - and try to take it easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->