Is this normal during contractions?

junbait

Reaction score
It is close to 30 minutes past midnight here and I have had 3 - 4 moderate contractions in the past 1 hour. My question is, is it normal to feel like you have to poo everytime you have a contraction?

It is close to 30 minutes past midnight here and I have had 3 - 4 moderate contractions in the past 1 hour. My question is, is it normal to feel like you have to poo everytime you have a contraction?

I have never been in labor as this is my first but I have read quite a few places that ladies have said it made them feel that way.
Also, my friend had her baby a couple of months ago and I asked her what it felt like... She said that the contractions felt like she needed to poop! I think it's normal.

Good luck! :thumbup:

Yes its normal! Think it's all the pressure down below. Or it could be that you actually DO need to poo 'cause your body's clearing you out.

Yes it is normal, the amount of times I sat on the toilet in my previous labour where countless :haha:

Best of luck, hope everything goes well :)

Yes definitely! My last labour was basically spent in the toilet everytime I had a contraction I ran to the toilet as I felt like I needed a poo I actually went to toilet in hospital & my sons head was out one more push & he would have been born in toilet!!

Ohh yes! Your body may be trying to get you bowels down and get rid so that it wont get in way later on.

Plus you get that general pressure with baby coming down, it can get extreme from 8cm.

Thanks ladies. How about plain old red blood with no mucus plug associated with it?

Thanks ladies. How about plain old red blood with no mucus plug associated with it?

How much?

If your dilating, your cervix is covered in blood sacs these can random burst causing red blood. However id still call mw for advice.

I agree with what others have said.
I spent my labour wih my son on and off the toilet, which frustrated the midwives no end because they where trying to monitor baby and I was like a yoyo back and forth with all my drips and wires.

As for the blood. If it's just enough to show on a tissue, or a slight bit on a pad/in your underwear, I'd say it was just dilating causing it.
If it's more of a constant flow, like the beginning of your period, then I'd get to L&D for a check.
Always best to ring them though, they'll be able to advise you better on that over the phone :)

Thanks for all your replies ladies. Turns out it was true labor contractions for me when I had that feeling of needing to poo everytime. We called l&d twice, first time they said I can go get checked but all the symptoms were pointing to labor. However they won't admit me if I'm not 3-4 cms and will have me walk around or I can wait it out at home until contractions are 5 minutes apart. Second time they asked me to come in for an eval. Turns out I was already 5 cms when I went in.

I delivered a baby boy at exactly 38 weeks, no complications or health concerns. I'll post the birth story with a pic in the appropriate section in a couple of days.:happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->