Is this normal?

ParisJeTadore

Mum to my beautiful kids!
Reaction score
I am 4 weeks postpartum and still bleeding. Not heavy and don't need to change my pad for the whole day but get little gushes after breastfeeding and randomly through out the day. I guess what I'm concerned about is the fact that it will go from watery yellow pink to red blood. Is it normal to still have red blood at 4 weeks pp? I have been very good at relaxing and hardly doing anything other than sitting on my sofa and nursing my baby.

I should mention that I don't have any pain or funny smells. Just wondering if this is normal.

You can bleed up to around six weeks so don't worry. Your uterus shrinks back down gradually and often causes gushes of blood esp if you are breastfeeding or moving around a lot. I went for a walk 5 weeks pp and bleed so bad it was running down my leg. Went to GP and it was just from moving around. Xxx

Thanks for responding Teri. I had a similar incident after my last pregnancy at five weeks pp. I think because I had a very long labour and lost a lot of blood that time it seemed normal to me to bleed for 7 weeks. This time I had a very easy labour, minimal blood loss and have been resting a lot more so have high expectations that this lochia business will be over soon (or already!). I guess everyone is different :shrug: jealous of those women who stop bleeding after a couple weeks though!

I heard it's more common to have more bleeding after breast feeding your baby so I wouldn't worry unless it becomes a lot of blood or smelly etc xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->