Is this normal?

lilmisscaviar

2 girls, 3 boys
Reaction score
This is my fifth baby and you'd think I'd remember, especially since my last pregnancy wasn't that long ago. Long story short I became pregnant with this one unexpectedly only a couple months after delivering my last baby, who was born a month premature. Although he was born healthy, my midwife is adament that she doesn't think I'll go full term with this baby, especially given how close they will be. This scares me. I've been watching every sign of possible premature labor. Like a few days ago, we had a nice day so we went to the zoo and I think I overdid it a bit. I had BH the next day that only went away when I went to bed that night. When I woke up, they were gone. Now I'm losing a bit of mucus (not bloody) but I'm wondering if all the BH started to efface my cervix? Also since the zoo trip I've been feeling this dull ache in the front of my pelvis, down low by my pubic line.

I called the nurse and talked to her but she didn't seem concerned, said that the mucus plug will generally regenerate itself and to just take it easy for the next few days. When I was pregnant with my last baby they blew all my symptoms off as being "normal" until I went to the office without making an appointment telling them that at 35 weeks I was in labor. They told me that it was probably pre-labor and checked my cervix, only to find I was already 6 cm dilated. I had him an hour and a half later. I really don't want to go through that again.

I've never had the experience of going into labour myself as my previous 3 were all inductions so i can't really give you words from my past experiences, but only you know your body so if you feel something may be happening you need to make sure you contact your midwives and also tell them what happened last time, that they tried fobbing you off until you were finally checked! They might then day ok come in and we will see whats going on. I will say though, just because it happened once doesnt mean it will again i don't agree with the midwife who said that to you. I've been told every time that I'll not reach my due date because of the size of my stomach and babies being so low and fully engaged and i STILL needed inducing at 10-12 days overdue. They can't possibly tell in my opinion! X

No there is no relavent information to prove that once a premature baby etc my first two where 36 weeks and 35 weeks ds3 was overdue theres not enough evidence to support it so try keeping legs up as in my opinion babys come when they are either forced or when there ready xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->