Is this normal?

Srrme

Reaction score
Elias has been very calm these past two days, and every time we go and see him he's sound asleep and barely moving (other than a couple stretches). He had a blood transfusion the other day, and has been having a lot less bradys and desats since then, he's also off of CPAP now.

A few days before the blood transfusion they put him back on CPAP and he was extremely cranky and having far too many bradys and desats.

Is he just catching up on his rest now? :shrug:

It's perfectly normal for them to sleep most of the day and some days more than others.

When they started cycling my lo of cpap when they put it back on she became more aware of it and got really annoyed and pulling at it. They eventually decided she was better without it. Maybe as your lo had been off the cpap for a while he may have been aware of it and not impressed.

Lots of babies HATE CPAP and tend to not rest as much while on it. It looks so uncomfortable for them to rest, and some are rather loud.

So I bet he is just catching up on rest. I know Lakai slept a lot when he came off it.

My LO didn't get on well with the CPAP, kept pulling his mask off interestingly more so once he was having spells off it. When he was taken off it and put onto vapotherm he went very floppy and pale for a few days we were really worried but he was just resting. I'm sure your LO is the same x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->