is this ok to wear?

CertainTurton

Mummy to a toddler
Reaction score
Hi,

I know this is not baby related but I'm struggling and need advice (DH no help!!)- I'm going to a wedding on sat and NOTHING looks right :-( I'm struggling to lose the weight :-( anyway do you think it's ok to wear this?

https://www.east.co.uk/store/Knot+Maxi+Jersey+Dress/BLU-ENSIGN/Blue/

It's a pretty formal wedding (church then posh Cardiff hotel) and DH is cousin of the groom and bride was my bridesmaid :)

Thanks!

Personally it doesn't jump out as a wedding outfit to me, but there's nothing wrong with it as such either - it might look a bit like a bridesmaid dress I suppose. I'd suggest something shorter showing some leg I think if you're just a guest. However, if you do decide to wear it I don't think anyone would look and think it was inappropriate. Hope that makes some sort of sense! :)

I think it is really pretty, but have you tried it on? Would you have time to returm it if it doesnt work? I ask because if I were shopping for myself (also strggling to lose weight) I would avoid jersey unless I could try it first. It can make me look lumpy! Of course the right undergarments can take care of that though.

It's lovely! I had a few weddings soon after Jen was born and wore a well cut jersey maxi, the gather should ensure it'll flow over your body.
Is go with some statement necklace and bracelets, but I think its very elegant.
Matalan do a great pair of smoothing pants, they don't suck you in like spanx, but they lift and smooth and you don't get overheated! They're £6, so worth a try.

That looks lovely; but yes, be aware of jersey as it could show up any lumps! you could put some really nice jewellery with that and accesorize with lovely bag and shoes- gold or silver would look nice xx

I think it's a lovely dress and perfect for a wedding.

My concern would be that not only could the jersey shows any lumps, the material itself can also create some awful wedgies. :blush:

Thanks for all the advice girls!! I really appreciate it- I did wear it and I felt great :) put it with a white bolero, white flat sandals and a chunky necklace and it seemed fine. There were a few long dresses about. I wore some slightly holdy in pants but not actual ones, I don't think the lumps were too bad and I was able to bf in it (in the catholic church!!! :haha: of all places!)
Thanks again!

:happydance: yay! Glad you felt good in it. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->