Is this palpatations?

L

Laura--x

getting this quite alot recently. Usually when im relaxing.. watching tele or laying in bed. I'll get this feeling in my chest like my heart is beating really fast, it feels weird, and i notice that i have to concentrate on my breathing and breath slowly and deeply.

It lasts no more than 2-3 minutes, sometimes only about a minute, ive had it 3 times today now.

is it normal to get this?

Ive had this too.. For like the past 2 1/2 weeks. I have no idea what it is either... Maybe high bloodpressure?.. I went to the doctors yesterday and found out that I do have a bit of a high bloodpressure.. My doctor told me to just relax for the next week..

I've been having these, used to get them if i'd over done it at the gym so probs caused by high blood pressue.

They can be scary sometimes like if you wake with them in the night x

i had this ended up in hospital with it, its perfectly normal during pregnancy but it's always best to get checked out. I only ended up in hospital cos i have an ectopic heart beat and they just wanted to make sure it was ok! xx

I have had these past couple of weeks.
Yesterday I was rushing around and about hour later sat down in front of tv I thought my heart was going to pop out of my chest.

I had these out of pregnancy and it was caused by anaemia, so perhaps a blood test is needed.

did it feel like your heart wasn't beating in the right rhythm like it was skipping beats? I have had this all my life. They were bad in my second tri so I went to my doctor. They ran all kinds of tests. It could be caused by a number of things but since my tests were ok they said mine was caused by dehydration. I barely drank any water. That and I only drank caffeinated soda. So the caffeine raised my heart rate too.
Get checked out just in case. You could be anemic also.

How are you feeling now?? I went through a stage of having palpatations for a about a week at 30 weeks, felt like I could see my chest rising and my heart was trying to get out and it came and went. Called NHS direct who advised seeing the doctor as there is nothing the labour ward/MW could do. After spending about 15 minutes on an ECG machine he just said that it was natural to get them in pregnancy as your heart is under additional strain, what with having an extra person in me!! I was told to come back in if I was sick or dizzy, which I did not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->