Is this part of my plug coming away? Pic attached sorry ladies lol

kas22

Reaction score
Hi as the title says really! I no it's tmi! But I'm a ftm so not really sure! im 38+3 and just been greeted with this whilst going to the toilet, ladies that have experience with mucus plugs does this look like it? Thanks x

image.jpg

Yep I think so too! When I lost mine the only way I could describe it to my sis was to tell her it looked like I sneezed in my pants! She instantly said yep that your plug!

Oh thanks ladies should I expect more to come through out the day and does this mean things are getting close? X

close, but it could be days or a week, pregnancy is annoying like that. In saying that I just got the same and am hoping it means something as I want to have these babies on Monday

Looks like your plug to me! Fx things start soon for you xx

Yes, looks like the start of your plug coming away. Been losing mine for a week now but no signs of baby :(

Yes mine looked exactly like that and I had no more, I lost my plug then gave birth 4 days later so you may be getting close!

That's exactly what I had several days ago. Haven't lost anything since. Just hoping baby stays put until I'm full term!!!

I didn't lose it on my first.

Lost it on my second. From when i saw what you are seeing to born was 6 days, 5 weeks early.

Looks like it to me. Although losing chunks means absolutely nothing in relation to how soon after things get going. It can regenerate itself. I started losing chunks around 33 weeks and am still here, only 1 cm dilated at almost 40 weeks. I think it's when you lose the whole thing, tinged with blood and all, that it's a better indication of things moving along.

yep defo, that's what mine looked like, and I lost it 2 weeks ago I am now overdue!!

Definitely looks like your plug... I've been getting "Yellow snot" like that since about 12 weeks, as the plug regenerates itself... It could indicate things are getting started, or it could be a much longer wait... For the first time, two days ago @ 36 weeks 4 days, I had a much larger piece that was streaked with reddish pink blood, but it was the night after my Strep B test where my doctor used a speculum...

Good luck to you and your little sprout! :flower:

A bit gross but now I know what it looks like for when it happens to me. Thanks :D

Thanks ladies for all your input had abit more earlier so fingers crossed it may be the start :) xx

/*yes looks like the very start of plug, the more you loose the yukkier it will become with red/brown streaks of blood can also have a green ting. You might find you will now loose it none stop till birth as if baby hasn't become after 48 hours the plug starts to build up again x

yep my mucus plug was more jelly like than normal cervical mucus like it didnt stretch alot it was more clumpy and sticky

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->